+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: 0-100 figures

Why are some people negative and disbelieving?

Kurt's posted his 1/4 mile time before: 9.544 seconds to 120.84kph - this is a fact.
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...112010274.jpg/

Everything else is just conjecture, if you doubt it, say so. But don't say it didn't happen because you can't prove that it didn't.

Sold 2003 Magna Sports AWD: http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=103410. Now moved on to the AWD dark side

Not sure how to read a time slip, enlighten me on what R/T means please.
    And help me out here too, I could be missing something, but 9.5 secs to 120kmph on a prepared surface, seems to be long way off 5.7 to 100 on a street.
    If friendly Forum Advice has saved you Time or Money, Please consider a Donation to keep the Forum Running.

The Goblin and the 380

Quote Originally Posted by SH00T View Post
    Not sure how to read a time slip, enlighten me on what R/T means please.
    And help me out here too, I could be missing something, but 9.5 secs to 120kmph on a prepared surface, seems to be long way off 5.7 to 100 on a street.
    Don't doubt it though please Marty.

I will help you out. R/T is reaction time which in essence means nothing for us plebs at the track. R/T is used in competitive drag racing where guys have to "dial in" a time and then get as close to that time as possible, including their R/T. For general users like us, it doesn't count to anything - it's simply the amount of time you sat at the lights before you left. The timing gear doesn't start until you break the beam.

Now, to help you on your second question, on a fully prepared racing surface, possibly with his tyres let down slightly for more traction, Kurt's time slip would indicate that after 9.544 seconds on the drag strip, he was travelling at 120km/h. I am going to be kind and say that it took Kurt 7.95 seconds to hit 100km/h.

Someone smarter than me needs to do the maths here, but that's what I got. Unless it takes 3.85 seconds to go from 100km/h to 120km/h, which I highly doubt.
    Last edited by Disciple; 02-09-2011 at 05:57 AM.

Thanks, the reaction I figured out on the way to work, but breaking the beam answered my next question. Cheers, good luck with the 380 btw......
    If friendly Forum Advice has saved you Time or Money, Please consider a Donation to keep the Forum Running.

The Goblin and the 380

Guys, please remember that there is no SPAM allowed in the tech forums. Try and keep your post relevant to the OP.

If I find anyone else posting SPAM in here, there will be consequences in place.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information