+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 380 Headlights

Default 380 Headlights

Hey guys,

What are you guys doing for better light output in the 380's? The standard headlights I've noticed are OK, but compared to say the reflectors in the ASX, they're not fantastic.

Is there a specific bulb type for low/high beam we can replace the standard ones with?

Cheers.

DOMO KUN!!!!!!!!!!!! Mecha-wombat's Avatar

OSRAM Nightbreakers do a good job

I have IPF HIR's waiting to be installed but at a $100 a globe I am in no rush to put them in

Quote Originally Posted by Mecha-wombat View Post
    OSRAM Nightbreakers do a good job

I have IPF HIR's waiting to be installed but at a $100 a globe I am in no rush to put them in
    One of my Osram NB just blow, so i bought a replacement set of H4 Philips xtreme vision 100% from ebay, fitted one in(freaking pain in the axx removing the old H4) and it's definably brighter compare to the old osram. I'm keeping the old osram as spare for now, very happy with the new philips.

Quote Originally Posted by trex101 View Post
    One of my Osram NB just blow, so i bought a replacement set of H4 Philips xtreme vision 100% from ebay, fitted one in(freaking pain in the axx removing the old H4) and it's definably brighter compare to the old osram. I'm keeping the old osram as spare for now, very happy with the new philips.
    Yep, I recently fitted H4 (high/low combo) Philips XtremeVision +100 as well, very happy with them.
    Can vouch for how hard these H4s can be to replace, real PITA until you get the knack!

KJ.
    Now Mitsu-less for the first time in 29 years!

Thumbs up

Just put a set of 6k H.I.D's in there........................best lights in a 380...........EVER !!!!

NOT............

Go with above recommendations as these guys know what works,

l have just replaced my woeful pnp hid with a set of Phillips Diamond Vision,whilst no where near as white as the hid ,at least there is a pattern on the road and not glare in the tree tops.

Fortunately or unfortunately ,you have seen the light and been spoilt by the reflector lenses in your ASX.

Only real way to get as good a light is to do a bi-zenon retro -fit.

H.I.D Planet

or The Retrofit Source
    Last edited by maggie3.5; 30-08-2011 at 07:25 PM.
    I am sure that any state will struggle to put on an equivalent to what MMX was, it was awesome both in the aspect of events and the social aspect after cruises,
    Maggie's "BitsaMitsi" Magna Sports

Maggie's 380 GT

Yep, I noticed that the our 07 Outlander, ASX and Lancer all have a different parabolic reflector design to the Magna/380. Their design is similar to what our high-beam ones are (all narrow vertical panels) whereas ours have wide horizontal panels, wide vertical panels etc. Hence the beam pattern is very different, almost HID light. In fact, the 07-10 Outlander had option of HID in the parabolic reflectors. It is only the 10+ Outlander that came with projector HIDs.

In terms of lighting. Narva bluepower which is rebadged osram nightbreaker (as osram does not sell auto lights in australia), or as TreeAdeyMan said, there is a new Philips which is +100.

I'm sure these are rubbish, but couldn't resist linking it anyway. Coming soon from Aldi...
    http://aldi.com.au/au/html/offers/28...11-10-10-00-53
    Last edited by Grubco; 11-10-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Retired from Mitsubishi ownership after 13 years. (At least I can now open all my windows without breaking them)

On The Hour, Every Hour....... Minimum TiMi's Avatar

Does Mr.SPL do HID retrofits to 380 lights yet?
    20.1sec 400m

Quote Originally Posted by TiMi View Post
    Michael (maggie3.5) has already tried HIDs in his 380 GT with less than fantastic results, and his lows conked completely.
    It looks like the lens shape is not suitable for HIDs.
    BUT - projectors would probably work, I think that's one of Michael's next projects, and probably with MR SPL helping out.

KJ.
    Now Mitsu-less for the first time in 29 years!

Quote Originally Posted by TiMi View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TreeAdeyMan View Post
    Michael (maggie3.5) has already tried HIDs in his 380 GT with less than fantastic results, and his lows conked completely.
    It looks like the lens shape is not suitable for HIDs.
    BUT - projectors would probably work, I think that's one of Michael's next projects, and probably with MR SPL helping out.

KJ.
    Am already working on designing them along with a few other models Just after a cheap pair to experiment on now Stay tuned!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information