+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hurricane/Berklee etc etc

Default Hurricane/Berklee etc etc

Spoke to Liverpool Exhaust today regarding supply and fit for a Berklee and the straight away quoted a Hurricane fitted for $300 garenteed exactly the same no drone and stainless 1 hours fit time
    I understand these are made in house as were the RPW headers which have got pretty poor reviews
    Any experience advice with quality sound and price with the Hurricanes
    The Berklee is praised alot here and supply and fit with the old local fella is $305 it will take him half a day

I have the Berklee.

Because it's not stainless you need to make sure you aren't doing lots of short trips, especially in winter. Lots of short trips means moisture buildup in your muffler and rust.

My first Berklee only lasted 2 years, because my work trip is 3km each way. Car barely gets the temp gauge off the stop before I'm turning it off, and the subsequent moisture buildup meant the internal muffler tube rusted out quickly.

If you are doing lots of short trips, look for a stainless steel option.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    I have the Berklee.

Because it's not stainless you need to make sure you aren't doing lots of short trips, especially in winter. Lots of short trips means moisture buildup in your muffler and rust.

My first Berklee only lasted 2 years, because my work trip is 3km each way. Car barely gets the temp gauge off the stop before I'm turning it off, and the subsequent moisture buildup meant the internal muffler tube rusted out quickly.

If you are doing lots of short trips, look for a stainless steel option.
    Thanks for the info Flyboy
    Seriously 3ks to work man that must be a killer on the car time for a postie bike LOL
    my work run is 45klms and the car is at 60 c before I leave I'm going to hang out to hear from other members experience before I make my mind up on which muffler

Aren't the stock mufflers mild steel as well?
    Meaning this should last as long as the stock muffler?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information