+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: DBA rotors are now discontinued, (performance only) (possible group buy)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Valdez View Post
    Not to be a debbie downer but I don't think there's even 25 regular 380 owners on the forums, yet alone 25 members who would warrant a set of high performance rotors.

There's definitely merit in an Evo upgrade simply because of the wider choice of pads and rotors you'd have available to you.
    I have to agree
    Very very thin on the ground
    I think the way 380 prices are now we may see more young go getters jumping into them

Maybe I should have got a bit more for my old 380!
    It had (still has?) the very last set of Australian made DBA 4000 slotted front rotors on it.
    Now Mitsu-less for the first time in 29 years!

Forum (particularly the 380 section) seems to be dying a quick death. I wondered if anyone else had noticed.

Still a lot more activity in the third gen section, surely just due to the sheer volume of them that were made. I think less 380s, plus the fact that the 380 has been so damn reliable, means there's a lot less action in this forum.

I highly doubt any group buy would get up. The reality is that when it comes to brakes, the factory install are going to be more than enough for 99.9% of owners. How many 380 owners actually track their car? Probably could count on one hand.

Cost for evo 10 dba front rotor starting at 180plus for the bottom line
    Plus calipers 800used
    Custom brake lines 100-300
    Wheels to clear the calipers 800 plus and plus tyres

Its expensive for a marginal brake improvement

Good rotors pads lines and fluids do the trick

Most rally cars in group n run 2-4 piston calipers 99% of the time...rally cars are a shit load more precise than track monsters....track monster have many ways of covering up...ie big power, slick tyres, etc etc etc...as rally don't have much room for error

This is why the whole bigger is better is wrong. It comes down to balance

Imo and experice with these cars dba4000 series slottets, braided brake lines, castrol srf brake fluid, qfm hpx/ar1m pads are the best bang for buck, best overall useage, best practical, best suited, and best balance for these cars
    to me there are 3 ways of fixing and modifying a car....1. There is the RIGHT way, 2. There is the WRONG way, 3. Then there is YOUR WAY

Let's not forget that in the scheme of things, this is not just an interest to any 380 owner out there,but, let's think for a moment and consider how many 3rd gen Magna drivers have now converted to running 380 front brakes.
    You want or need your numbers, start looking further than the 380 section and utilise the FB pages as well for interest.
    I am sure that any state will struggle to put on an equivalent to what MMX was, it was awesome both in the aspect of events and the social aspect after cruises,
    Maggie's "BitsaMitsi" Magna Sports

Maggie's 380 GT

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Forum (particularly the 380 section) seems to be dying a quick death. I wondered if anyone else had noticed.

Still a lot more activity in the third gen section, surely just due to the sheer volume of them that were made. I think less 380s, plus the fact that the 380 has been so damn reliable, means there's a lot less action in this forum.

I highly doubt any group buy would get up. The reality is that when it comes to brakes, the factory install are going to be more than enough for 99.9% of owners. How many 380 owners actually track their car? Probably could count on one hand.
    Dont worry mate I will keep the 380 section going even if I have to make up a few new members and talk to myself actually I already talk to myself even converse you hear what you want to that way
    I think the FB direction mybe a go
    Who knows whats going to happen to the 380 section but I know you wont get the numbers here
    Anyway its 630pm way past my bedtime and i have a serious lawn bowls comp on tommorrow
    keep an eye out for me there will be a hat on the parcel shelf and I will be wearing a cardigan
    I

I hate to be the odd man out, however based on my experience I will never purchase the combination of DBA4000 disks and QFM pads again.

I purchased one of the last sets of Australian made DBA4000 disks and as stated paired them up with QFM HPX pads.

I was only able to get 34,000 out of the DBA4000 disks when I got over 115,000 out of the original factory disks and pads and only changed the OEM ones out as they were glazed but had a small amount of life left.

I have since replaced the DBA4000s with RDA Slotted Roters paired with RDA Extreme Pads. This combination in my experience in providing performance equal to the DBA4000, producing a lot less dust and with 41,000 km on them have lots of life left unlike the expired DBA4000s.

As an indication of use or abuse I didnít change the factory rear pads until 185,000 and decided to match the front with a pair rear RDA Slotted Roters paired with RDA Extreme Pads. I kept the OEM disks as spare if I ever need them as they are still within tolerance.

The original thread from when I had the DBA4000 issue can be found at http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/sh...729&highlight=
    Proud owner of a Series III 380 SX, 1 of only 32044 380s made

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information