+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question about headlights on warning buzzer on a 380?

Quote Originally Posted by rprodrive View Post
    It's a bad design. Mitsubishi programmed the car so the power is cut if full headlights are left on and doors are locked - but they didn't think to cut the power if the parking lights are left on. I am sure many have unnecessarily had a flat battery as a result.
    If the power was cut the lights couldn't be used when parked at night if required.

Quote Originally Posted by PJUK View Post
    If the power was cut the lights couldn't be used when parked at night if required.
    Who needs the parking lights on when the car is locked? Even if it was needed for some rare scenario - at least cut the power after some time like 30 minutes. All that happens right now is people get flat batteries!

Who needs the parking lights on when the car is locked? Even if it was needed for some rare scenario - at least cut the power after some time like 30 minutes. All that happens right now is people get flat batteries!
    The best thing to do is turn the switch once more to put the headlights on and buzzer will work.

Europeans use parkers at night, albeit only the road side ones are on.

Regardless of how they are programmed, there is a buzzer anyway. I dont think the buzzer can be turned off on the MFD like some options can be either
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

Quote Originally Posted by PJUK View Post
    The best thing to do is turn the switch once more to put the headlights on and buzzer will work.

no...turn the switch on once more and you will turn the headlightS on...thus arming the switch off lights parts of the curcuit

BUZZER/WARNING SOUND ONLY WORKS WITH THE PARKERS LEFT ON AND KEY OUT OF IGNITION.
    I am sure that any state will struggle to put on an equivalent to what MMX was, it was awesome both in the aspect of events and the social aspect after cruises,
    Maggie's "BitsaMitsi" Magna Sports

Maggie's 380 GT

It's a bad design. Mitsubishi programmed the car so the power is cut if full headlights are left on and doors are locked - but they didn't think to cut the power if the parking lights are left on. I am sure many have unnecessarily had a flat battery as a result.
    Yep - will use the circuit diagram from Vlad (thanks again) to put a cut-out in circuit. I think he thought the lights were fully off when he got out, but they weren't - (was the first day on his 'P's).
    Been into cars for too long

'72 LC Torana, '76 TD Cortina, '85 XE Falcon, '84 E15 ET Turbo Pulsar, '96 CC Lancer, '99 TH Magna (Current), 2011 SZ Ford Territory (Current)
    '01 TJ Magna (for my son)

Quote Originally Posted by Madmagna View Post
    Regardless of how they are programmed, there is a buzzer anyway. I dont think the buzzer can be turned off on the MFD like some options can be either
    Ok - so there is a buzzer if the parkers are left on when you get out o the car with the key? If so then there is an electrical problem to track down and fix.
    Been into cars for too long

'72 LC Torana, '76 TD Cortina, '85 XE Falcon, '84 E15 ET Turbo Pulsar, '96 CC Lancer, '99 TH Magna (Current), 2011 SZ Ford Territory (Current)
    '01 TJ Magna (for my son)

Quote Originally Posted by RonRabbit99 View Post
    Ok - so there is a buzzer if the parkers are left on when you get out o the car with the key? If so then there is an electrical problem to track down and fix.
    There is a buzzer - but I don't think it works 100% of the time in my car either.
    Last edited by rprodrive; 09-05-2017 at 05:08 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information