+ Reply to Thread

Thread: scan tool

Default scan tool

I have been on the internet and have tried searching on Fastmagna and have not been able to find out what scanner I should get for my 380 GT. Am I correct in saying the connector on the 380 is a 16 pin plug (known as type 21)?

Intermittently the car won't start until I floor the accelerator. This is gettting worse (twice now in less than 30 days). I would be happy to have a scan tool, especially if It can be used with other cars in the family (Aurions, Hyundais, Mazda 3s), so keen to buy a tool rather than pay for one or scans at mechanic. I do all work on the car myself. Loved counting the flashes on TS and TJ......those were the days (LOL).

Do I need OBD2 or MUT3 (or will either one work)?
    Do these tools read only engine, transmission etc codes or do they read codes related to aircon etc. A year ago mechanic read codes and he said all engine functions were fine, but said there was an aircon code, but he did not bother noting what it was.

What do you guys use to scan codes. Thanks in advance for any input.
    Cheers, John

I am not sure what the 380 uses. For the Pajero, which is fully OBD2 compliant, I use a Konnwei KW903 Bluetooth dongle (from eBay) with the Android Torque Pro app.

I use dash command app and Bluetooth OBDii dongle from Palmer Performance Engineering

http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...mand/index.php

Not sure about A/C codes - have only ever had a couple of engine codes
    Terry M
    380 GT Series III Build 25874
    LPG
    Previous Series I VRX Build 7555

Quote Originally Posted by telpat16 View Post
    I use dash command app and Bluetooth OBDii dongle from Palmer Performance Engineering

http://www.palmerperformance.com/pro...mand/index.php

Not sure about A/C codes - have only ever had a couple of engine codes
    I jut had a look at all the available data that can be logged for the Pajero and there is absolutely nothing there to do with A/C so I doubt there will be error codes related to A/C.

Here is an interesting thread on it:
    http://www.mp3car.com/forum/mp3car-t...via-obd-elm327

Edit: I just had a look at the wiring diagram of the Pajero and the A/C diagnostics is on the OBD2 plug but is not through the CANBus system, like other systems

Default Scan tool

Hey guys thanks for replying. I bought a cheap Code Reader (Autel MaxiScan MS309), which is adequate for my needs. It showed P0339 (Crankshaft position sensor A circuit intermittent). This makes sense with my car on occasions being hard to start. One of the causes for Code P0339 is a bad battery. I concluded after monitoring my battery for a few days that it was bad. A place where I had it tested said it was OK, but I replaced it. The old battery managed 467 CCA, it was a 600CCA battery (not good in my book and on its way out anyway).

I cleared the code and it has not recurred.

Some of the status codes (I/M Readiness) have not come good and I realise some of them require particular situations. I have not been able to find details of the Drive Cycle for the 380.

Does anyone know where I can find it?

Will normal use of the car eventually result in all the systems being confirmed as A1, or must one perform the drive cycle?

Cheers, John

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information