+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Is this a pic of the new 380???

Quote Originally Posted by Jasons VRX
    A AWD version will be coming to (which is being developed now but wont be out for around 12months)
    how come MMAL execs keep saying AWD isnt on the agenda, even tho alot of other sources are saying it is? And it better come with a manual this time!!!!!! And what happened to that turbo engine they where soposedly developing??

Be awesome to see AWD standard on all models other then the base model (gotta keep the fleets happy) and a turbo AWD Ralliart version with a minimum of 250kw

i dont care if im dreaming dont burst my bubble!!

Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    how come MMAL execs keep saying AWD isnt on the agenda, even tho alot of other sources are saying it is? And it better come with a manual this time!!!!!! And what happened to that turbo engine they where soposedly developing??

Be awesome to see AWD standard on all models other then the base model (gotta keep the fleets happy) and a turbo AWD Ralliart version with a minimum of 250kw

i dont care if im dreaming dont burst my bubble!!
    The MMAL execs are keeping a lid of future developments so as to not have people back out on buying the current 380 and there by not bringing money back to the company to further complete future developments.

As most people probably didnt know MMAL actually started working on the ralliart magna when the 1999 TH model was out, the first early mechanical protoype ralliarts were done using TH sports as the base and the GTP magna racecars as development too and the company execs kept most of that quiet.

But having said that i have been told that work has started on the development of the AWD model of the 380 and at this stage the auto is the only one being developed (they bloody better do the manual this time, the 2 manual proto's they had of the TJ AWD were bloody good)

Time will tell what happens i guess mate.

If there is a Manual AWD VRX model (with upgraded power) I'll buy it.

Should be around the right time for me to get a new car (just bought a new one last year) so that could work out well.

Btw in the current issue of Wheels (pg 20) there is a little blurb about some things to come with the 2008 facelift.

196Kw MIVEC engine

new all alloy V6 with 3 sizes up to 3.5 (I speculate possibly 2.7, 3.0, 3.5)

and a new 6 speed auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Vormund
    If there is a Manual AWD VRX model (with upgraded power) I'll buy it.

Should be around the right time for me to get a new car (just bought a new one last year) so that could work out well.

Btw in the current issue of Wheels (pg 20) there is a little blurb about some things to come with the 2008 facelift.

196Kw MIVEC engine

new all alloy V6 with 3 sizes up to 3.5 (I speculate possibly 2.7, 3.0, 3.5)

and a new 6 speed auto.
    problem with the 3.5 is that, although it would probably be a sweet engine, they would have to rename it 350, which is a lower number and it may not work out well as far as marketing goes

I don't see a problem having a car called 350.

Works for Mercedes and BMW

I just got back from the Brisbane 380 launch!!!

Totally awesome night - they put on quite a show too.

We also got to sit in the cars, open the bonnets, boot. Mitsubishi were VERY wise not to leave the keys in them however, as they might've had one less

WILL EDIT in more....It was extremely exciting and well worth the wait!!!

-----
    2000 Magna TJ Advance 2001 - 2006. I've since moved on

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information