+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 380 Sales Figure for October

Quote Originally Posted by Veearex
    Could it be that not all the new Commodores sold were VE's?? Perhaps some great end of model run out deals on the VZ's??

I saw somewhere you could grab a spanking new VZ SS for $38000 drive away

Does wonders for resale values

thats good cause the vz looks so much better
    hehehe going to join the blue force

Quote Originally Posted by M4DDOG
    And the fact that it's one of the most unsafe cars available at the moment.
    True, the NCAP rating on the Barina's is quite poor, I think from memory and 2 star rating.

My Mrs purchased a brand new one back in May, traded a Pulsar on one. She now has dual air bags and ABS which she had none of in the Pulsar so at least she "feels" safer. I guess its all relative, back in its day the Pulsar was prob pretty good as airbags or ABS were not part of the standard kit so in comparison the Barina is quite a bit "safer".

I took the little thing up to Sydney from Canberra a few weeks ago and was quite surprised of how well it went. What was amusing was noticing how many people doing a double take on a bloke passing them in a 3 door Barina

Anyhow, back on topic now.

True, the NCAP rating on the Barina's is quite poor, I think from memory and 2 star rating.

My Mrs purchased a brand new one back in May, traded a Pulsar on one. She now has dual air bags and ABS which she had none of in the Pulsar so at least she "feels" safer. I guess its all relative, back in its day the Pulsar was prob pretty good as airbags or ABS were not part of the standard kit so in comparison the Barina is quite a bit "safer".

I took the little thing up to Sydney from Canberra a few weeks ago and was quite surprised of how well it went. What was amusing was noticing how many people doing a double take on a bloke passing them in a 3 door Barina

Anyhow, back on topic now.
    Heh. My girlfriends 1999 Lancer Coupe with no air bags and no ABS gets the same NCAP safety rating as a 2006 Holden Barina, 2 stars.

Hmmm but i think the main one we have to look at is the used car safety rating, because thats fairly consistant compared to all cars in that category no matter what year isn't it?
    Please use the report a post feature, instead of replying and creating more work for the admin team. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by valaxy66
    thats good cause the vz looks so much better
    Agreed!

I love my SS.

Can't see anything ground-breaking enough to warrant me trading in the VZ for a VE.

But yes. Resale is through the crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro_Lover
    But yes. Resale is through the crapper.
    Spot on. A friend of mine went to trade in his '05 VZ Calais (V8) on a VE Calais and they offered his $23k for it, which considering it only has 10,000km on the clock is disgraceful, and when you consider it was also purchased from that dealership at around $50k little more than 12 months ago!

Quote Originally Posted by adz89
    Spot on. A friend of mine went to trade in his '05 VZ Calais (V8) on a VE Calais and they offered his $23k for it, which considering it only has 10,000km on the clock is disgraceful, and when you consider it was also purchased from that dealership at around $50k little more than 12 months ago!
    I hope your mate didn't trade in.

According to Redbook, he'd have gotten shafted big time....

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au...p?key=HOLD05BL

That is pretty pathetic though. He'd be better off selling privately for at least $35k.

Quote Originally Posted by Euro_Lover
    I hope your mate didn't trade in.

According to Redbook, he'd have gotten shafted big time....

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au...p?key=HOLD05BL

That is pretty pathetic though. He'd be better off selling privately for at least $35k.
    Na, he test drove the VE Calais (V) and after hearing his trade-in price he decided to keep it.

The Calais is still a pretty good car other than its transmission.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information