+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Platinum edition 380 - your thoughts?

Banned

adz89, Agreed Holden got some problems to much stock but there going to get a handout from Govt to tune of $14 Million to help them along in these hard times. Check out Tuesdays Newspapers...

Quote Originally Posted by Z456
    adz89, Agreed Holden got some problems to much stock but there going to get a handout from Govt to tune of $14 Million to help them along in these hard times. Check out Tuesdays Newspapers...
    The $14million is apparently to make the car more economical, so it should be spent on developing/acquiring other more economical and suitable engines. So it won't help their sales at the moment, but more likely in the future once they have either a) made the current engine more economical b) found a way to reduce weight or another way to make the car more economical c) acquire another engine from another firm and re-manufacture/tweak it for the Commodore. This takes time, so for the mean time they'll keep building up stock unless they drop prices.

GUESS WHAT.. speaking of Holden, I don't think they are having an adverstising onslaught either, as I expected, maybe another factor contributing to lower than expected sales. I beleive that if the VE's sales don't lift by Christmas (which I don't think they will, I actually think they may drop) then Holden may be handing out some involuntary redundancy's.

On the other hand this Platinum Edtion 380 should increase sales of the 380, hopefully spark some MUCH NEEDED interest in the 380 range and spark some sales. If so, MMAL can hopefully clear any excess stock (which there isn't much of) and hopefully increase production. I hope the 380 Ralliart concept at the Motor Show makes an impact; a postitive one.

Quote Originally Posted by adz89
    The $14million is apparently to make the car more economical, so it should be spent on developing/acquiring other more economical and suitable engines. So it won't help their sales at the moment, but more likely in the future once they have either a) made the current engine more economical b) found a way to reduce weight or another way to make the car more economical c) acquire another engine from another firm and re-manufacture/tweak it for the Commodore.
    WTF? Didn't they just spend 1 billion on this?

Do you mean suitable for ethanol and alternatives? Maybe I could understand that...

Default Mivec engine

In our local paper,the Platinum 380 come with the MIVEC 3.8 ENGINE.The other 380 dont come with mivec,do they?

Quote Originally Posted by TN88
    In our local paper,the Platinum 380 come with the MIVEC 3.8 ENGINE.The other 380 dont come with mivec,do they?
    It would have probably have been a local Mitsu dealership in your area that would have stuffed that up as none of them have a MIVEC engine as of yet anyway.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information