+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Servicing of 07 CJ Lancer at 100,000 km +

Default Servicing of 07 CJ Lancer at 100,000 km +

We've sold our '07 CJ to our son-a uni student- and replaced it with a new GSR hatch (wife loves it).
    It replaced his '92 Corolla (great old car) and gives his parents peace-of-mind with all those airbags etc.
    The '07 has always been dealer serviced, but he probably hasn't the $$ to maintain that.
    My question:
    Are these cars OK to home service? (I do all my own stuff on my KS Verada), now at 270K km.
    Any advice/experiences about home servicing v dealer servicing appreciated.

Dave.

They are fine for home servicing.
    Wife has a 2012 ES manual. If your CJ doesn't have a glovebox service schedule let me know and I will look up what needs doing at 100K Km.
    If it is not a manual, the gearbox needs servicing at a dealer I think.
    Check out the CJ Lancer forum if you want the workshop manual.

Hi Dave
    If you don't have the "Service and Warranty" Customer Information booklet, I have a spare one which is yours for the asking.
    Let me know...
    Rod

Thanks guys.
    Have the book, and the 105K service was done at 93K (84 months). I'll let it go to 105K and do an oil and filter change then.
    Ryco filters and Valvoline oil from Repco OK or is the factory product recommended? Always used Mitsu coolant in the 'rada.
    Dave
    BTW it's a manual

The coolant is something special in the Lancer, good for 8 years, so best to get the real thing from a dealer. Yours is due I'd say. Dia queen long life, no idea of the cost.
    No idea how to drain the system though. I've had a look at the layout of the coolant hoses between radiator and engine, and it is rather unusual!

The big service is actually at 90,000 km or 6 years, and includes valve clearance check, new spark plugs, coolant and air cleaner.

Worthwhile checking these have been ticked off if a dealer did that service.

Valve clearance adjustment looks like fun to do, and the double laser iridium spark plugs are expensive, but the wife's Lancer is at 30,000 km so not a concern for me yet.
    But at least there is no cam belt to do.

The 105K is just an oil and filter change and a quick check of engine compartment and underbody bits.
    Clean out the cabin air filter behind the glovebox if it hasn't been done for a while. If you are wondering where the interior fuse box is, you will see it in there behind the glove box.

I used a Ryco z411 filter and Nulon 10W-40 oil last oil change.

Local prices for the Ryco z411 have gone up to $17, so when my current stock runs out I will order half a dozen Cooper WZ411 from here:
    http://www.sydneyfilters.com.au/mits...456-JEY014302/
    Already have six WZ456 for my Magnas from there, but haven't used any yet.

Worthwhile to have a look at that long serpentine belt that drivers everything to check for condition. Apparently it is tensioned by a spring and there is stretch indicator on the front of the engine somewhere.
    Last edited by MadMax; 13-04-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Thanks Max,
    I won't be forgetting the 90K service. Cost was as much as a cam belt service but there isn't one!! $1100 I think.
    Pollen filter, injector clean etc. etc.
    I'll pull the receipts and see what was done when.
    Rear lip spoiler arrived today (Ebay) and now shopping for a set of GSR 18" wheels for his 21st in a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by KS95Dave View Post
    Pollen filter, injector clean etc. etc.
    The two things you mention aren't actually required at that km.
    I hope the "etc etc" bits are actually the important things in the 90,000 km service!

These are the important bits:
    valve clearance check, new spark plugs, new coolant and new air cleaner.
    Last edited by MadMax; 14-04-2015 at 07:22 PM.

The CJ Lancer will have an in-tank fuel filter replacement at the 105K service, hopefully that was done when the service was carried out on yours. An 07 model should still have the standard green Mits coolant in it, the super long life coolant didn't come out until 2011/2012 which is blue in colour. The two Mits coolants are also not compatible with each other and will require a full cooling system flush if changing from one to the other.
    2004 TW VR-X AWD
    2002 TJII Sports

Quote Originally Posted by tuffRX View Post
    The CJ Lancer will have an in-tank fuel filter replacement at the 105K service, hopefully that was done when the service was carried out on yours. An 07 model should still have the standard green Mits coolant in it, the super long life coolant didn't come out until 2011/2012 which is blue in colour. The two Mits coolants are also not compatible with each other and will require a full cooling system flush if changing from one to the other.
    I wasn't aware of the change from green to blue coolant at such a late date.
    Our Lancer has blue coolant in it, just checked.
    I'm tempted to change my other cars over to the long life coolant.

My service booklet says to change the in tank fuel filter at 10 years/150,000 km.
    Last edited by MadMax; 18-04-2015 at 08:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    I wasn't aware of the change from green to blue coolant at such a late date.
    Our Lancer has blue coolant in it, just checked.
    I'm tempted to change my other cars over to the long life coolant.

My service booklet says to change the in tank fuel filter at 10 years/150,000 km.
    Mits do some strange things sometimes, the CJ lancer definitely started with the standard type green coolant. Just make sure you do a full flush if you're going to change the other cars over to blue. I will have to check a couple of customer service books when they come though, we've always done the in tank fuel filter at the 105K service. It would not surprise me if it's been changed to 10 years/150,000km with the later CJ models, Toyota don't do their in tank filters on some later models until about 150/165,000km.
    2004 TW VR-X AWD
    2002 TJII Sports

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information