+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Preparing a Magna for the Race Track.

It seems that you enjoyed it.

Well done!

Almost 2 years ago i put on all new rotors and pads, those were still the same ones i used at the track last night and i had no issues with the braking, and those rotors and pads were cheapies off ebay, money well saved i think.

The tires looks a bit rough mainly the fronts, looks weird as if some of the rubber melted or something.

I also wonder how much acceleration i may have lost considering the hole in the floor of the muffler.

Quote Originally Posted by metzger View Post
    Almost 2 years ago i put on all new rotors and pads, those were still the same ones i used at the track last night and i had no issues with the braking, and those rotors and pads were cheapies off ebay, money well saved i think.

The tires looks a bit rough mainly the fronts, looks weird as if some of the rubber melted or something.

I also wonder how much acceleration i may have lost considering the hole in the floor of the muffler.
    Somehow, I would suggest that you were not working the brakes hard.

More practice, and greater familiarity with braking later and harder, would have seen some extra heat and resultant stress on the pads/discs/brake fluid.

What tyre pressures did you end up running?

Correct i was not braking or cornering hard at all. PSI was one thing i was not 100% about, the sticker in the door said cold pressure for speeds over 140km/h should be 38 front 35 rear so i had it at about those levels.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information