+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Amp and sub, speakers setup

Default Amp and sub, speakers setup

Hey guys,

i have recently installed some SX-FB6930 6x9" speakers in the rear parcel, they are excellent. i just want more boom aha

as this is the first car sound setup i have ever done i have no idea of what brand is good bad etc.
    Like i've used multiple brands of computer parts etc and i know that a certain brand is good or not. im totally oblivious as to whats good or bad with sound systems

i have decided i want to get

SUB - http://www.kenwood.com/au/car/subwoo...rs/kfc-mw3000/ : i have done some large research and me being a stingy this is what i liked the most and seen the better of reviews

AMP - http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-KENWO...-/301344053702 : pretty good deal imo, the Kenwood amps are not as good as their subs apparently, but i like matching aha. it's only 400W so unsure whether i need to go a 800W

https://www.kogan.com/au/buy/jvc-drv...EpoaAlwv8P8HAQ

then front side door speakers aren't important but should be improved

with just some generic sony xplod ones

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/gps-car-au...peaker/762708/

open to any suggestions

also for a sub box i will be using https://www.jbhifi.com.au/gps-car-au...-sub-box/8941/ unless i decide to make one

Honestly at your price bracket, Sony/Pioneer/Kenwood will all yield very similar results.

With the sub, look into building your own box or getting one built, generally speaking pre fab boxes are too small, as a rough estimate Id recommend a 28L box, unless the manual specifies something else. That subbox is a shit one, no offence.

Anyone who says Kenwood amps aren't as good as their subs are idiots, you cannot compare to different pieces of equipment, they're all built to a cheap standard, both will do the job, the amp you will want something to provide enough power, and the sub will only behave aswell as the box it is in.

Also never ever consider "max ratings" if you must consider power ratings look for RMS, that sub should be 300/400wrms, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference between 100wrms for the sub by the way, so as an idea find a mono block that provides atleast 300wrms, the more the better, you can then drive the sub a little bit harder and aslong as you don't over do it or turn up the gain too much the sub will take a nice little beating. Once again, back to the box, if you build a large box, the sub will be louder but lack sharp response, too small and it won't extend too low, the right size box you will get the best of both worlds.

You know what the most important piece is? The headunit, this reads the music whether its a cd/radio/ipod, a poor sound by an inferior headunit can never be increased by even a $1000 amplifier and speaker combo, quality amplifiers, leads and speakers dont increase the quality of the sound, they decrease the amount of quality lost when the signal leaves the headunit.

The front speakers are the next most important part of a sound system, why? You are sitting up front with them, they are the closest to you and with properly sound deadened doors even a $100 set of splits can sound like $500 splits that have been just slapped in. Spend time and money on getting the fronts right before you ever even consider the rears too, rears are for passengers, not the drivers.

I compete in Car Audio Sound Quality Competitions and IMO the best way to spend money in car audio n terms of importance.

Headunit
    Cabling (Mostly good RCA's, the Stinger 4000 series are fantastic for the price)
    Sound Deadening
    Front Speakers
    Amplifiers
    Sub + Monoblock
    Last edited by peaandham; 15-01-2016 at 03:13 PM.

thanks heaps,
    non taken aha was thinking making my own would be better as it's to my sizing etc.

my magna came with a clarion CZ200

i will buy an Amp + Sub and front speakers at the same time so i think i will go with the KENWOOD KAC-PS527 amp and sub and make my own enclosure

to me it's a pretty good headunit even though it's a not as popular brand, if not i can just buy a new headunit

and i got the rear parcel speakers first because they had a special deal on them

I'm running a clarion nx702a head unit with a pair soundstream 6.5 inch splits in the front soundstream 6x9 at the rear and I'm running a alpine ktp-445u which is only 45 watt rms

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information