+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 Mitsubishi SX Auto front passenger side groan/bump problem? Help?

Default 2007 Mitsubishi SX Auto front passenger side groan/bump problem? Help?

Okay, took the front wheels off, drivers side first, all pads/rotors/discs/bushes/rubbers looked fine as said Pedders and Bridgestone. However, what they did not tell me is that the strut was "Mitsubishi MN101842 KYB Z409", not a Monroe as i expected, and spring and control arm looked newish to after a clean. Anyway, used brake-cleaner on brakes even though they looked clean enough. Did the same to passenger front wheel "Mitsubishi MN 101841 KYB ZA09". Took car for 15KM drive noting groaning noise more noticeable in first 1KM but reduced as i drove on, as it did before. What became clear is that the groan and poor ride (deeper pot holes/bumps) was certainly coming from the passenger side - now isolated as problem side, also that passenger front door has something rattling when i hit deeper potholes. So problem not struts but what?????? is likely problem. Drives steers great all around except for the above problem. Any ideas?

Try replacing your front sway bar bushes. Manuals seem more susceptible to this, but known to create groan/creak sounds. Give them a spray with silicon and see if it changes the noise. If it does, replace with genuine. Genuine rubber bushes are cheap as chips, but a bit of a pig to change.

Quote Originally Posted by flyboy View Post
    Try replacing your front sway bar bushes. Manuals seem more susceptible to this, but known to create groan/creak sounds. Give them a spray with silicon and see if it changes the noise. If it does, replace with genuine. Genuine rubber bushes are cheap as chips, but a bit of a pig to change.
    Thanks flyboy. I have done what you said, no change. Pedders have passed sway-bar bushes/links and bearing/hubs ect. I did notice both front wheels slightly move left to right/right to left while hoisted with the wheels on or off, is this normal? Could this free-play cause initial groaning noise? I am thinking it could be RDA brake pads sticking until warmed up? Confused, me to? Also put all four tire psi back to 32psi from 40psi, ride more comfortable, all clunking gone now, but still feel deeper bumps, and serious road rumbling noise much worse at 32psi on course bitumen but nil noise at all with any tire pressure on that smooth bitumen (1km to 90km), what is that all about? Maybe tires (BobJane Zenon Z7 215/55/R17). I have only done 600km in car to date. Never had sports suspension and low profile tires before. Confused? I have the front door trim passenger side off trying to fix rattle which seems to be that thin metal wire hitting metal door frame, placed sponges between wire and metal door frame, reduced noise but not 100%. Need to fix that so I can concentrate on road noises and ect. Obviously, I have more than one issue to fix so any advice/suggestions helpful. I put in 6 new new spark-plugs/seals/gaskets, that was easy but this front end/ride problems are difficult to pin down. Confused. Meanwhile searching for similar threads/problems for Mitsi 380.

I seem to have duplicated part of this thread and will delete it when I figure it out. Also the groaning noise has gone. I believe it was the brake pads sticking and after a clean and workout all good. I still have suspension problems/questions and have Thread: Have a 2007 380 SX Auto Series 2, 130000km, suspension problem, help? in South Australia Forum active. Thanks for your input flyboy.

Okay, here is the answer. These 380's have nice engines and AT but the rest is simply cheaply made. Been up it over it in it under it around it on top of it, and i will never own another 380 even if it was given to me. Sorry, them cars are too cheaply made. So, now have a fantastic Mazda 323 Protege 1999 and what a great build. I have converted to Mazda. They apparently (I agree) know how to build cars. 380's are too cheaply made so no wonder they closed shop. Give me a Magna any day over a 380 but a Mazda oh what a feeling.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information