+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Testing of O2 sensor

Default Testing of O2 sensor

Hey, guys, I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Express Van That gets really woeful fuel economy eg last time it was 17.2 L per 100 using The Fuelly app tells me the average is maybe 14 - 15L per 100 The Van runs nice and I drive it very sedately around town....
    • Air Filter
    • Plugs and Leads
    • Timing
    • Fuel Injectors
    • Fuel Filter
    Everything is in a good state of tune and the Engine has been rebuilt the only thing I haven't checked is the O2 Sensor. I do get black soot on the exhaust. I don't want to replace it if I don't have to.
    Suggestions? Dajiban

Quote Originally Posted by Dajiban View Post
    Hey, guys, I have a 1992 Mitsubishi Express Van That gets really woeful fuel economy eg last time it was 17.2 L per 100 using The Fuelly app tells me the average is maybe 14 - 15L per 100 The Van runs nice and I drive it very sedately around town....
    • Air Filter
    • Plugs and Leads
    • Timing
    • Fuel Injectors
    • Fuel Filter
    Everything is in a good state of tune and the Engine has been rebuilt the only thing I haven't checked is the O2 Sensor. I do get black soot on the exhaust. I don't want to replace it if I don't have to.
    Suggestions? Dajiban
    If you have black soot from the exhaust, I would suggest that your oxygen sensor will be covered in carbon deposits and as a result not functioning.

You will most likely need to change the sensor at about $100 plus fitting - without doing any research.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information