+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 2015 Mitsubishi ASX LED DRL's

I know this probably wont help but XA drls also had a separate control box which pluged into ecu
    16.023 @ 142kph N/A
    14.490 @ 156kph Supercharged on LPG

Yes I think I have one of those control boxes which was sent with the DRL, if it's the same series or type we are talking about. Don't have the plugs on the car to use it though so I'm hoping I can get around this somehow and still run the DRL's as per factory

A mate of mine has a 2015 ASX that has factory fitted DRLs (what I have). He said they only turn off when he switches of the fog lamps. They stay on when the headlights are on

We hardly ever use the fog lamps so I don't care if they come on and off with ignition. It's not illegal anymore
    2002 TJ VR-X Series II | King Springs & KYB | Morel & Focal | Pewter | goeslikeashot | WITH ONLY 61K on the clock

maybe its the issue of wattage (i.e. more watts less current)? try to get those generic control boxes of ebay, most will come with voltage sensing relay anyhow
    16.023 @ 142kph N/A

Quote Originally Posted by Andrei1984 View Post
    maybe its the issue of wattage (i.e. more watts less current)? try to get those generic control boxes of ebay, most will come with voltage sensing relay anyhow
    More likely to be a votage problem that wattage, LEDs don't draw much current.
    Any idea what voltage these run on?
    The control box may just be a DC to DC step up transformer, if so, just wiring the 12V input of this device to any source that comes on with ignition should do the job.
    Last edited by MadMax; 11-01-2016 at 07:41 AM.

yes sorry, voltage not wattage.
    16.023 @ 142kph N/A

I have one of those DRL's control relays off ebay. Wired that up with the same result. Lights are very dim and flicker. All it says on the back is 13.5V but there are other numbers printed. I will post up a pic tonight. Been flat out with wedding plans
    Yeah I was thinking a voltage issue too but no Mad Max wiring them up to power source that comes on with ignition is no good with these.
    2002 TJ VR-X Series II | King Springs & KYB | Morel & Focal | Pewter | goeslikeashot | WITH ONLY 61K on the clock

I can have a quick look tomorrow or Friday. Replied to your PM with some links.

Another link here:
    http://asxownersclub.com/forum/4-dis...hts-front-fogs

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information