+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Changing Front Sway Bar Bushes

Yeah, I'm the original owner.

It does say driveshafts are all covered in the warranty book so I think that is pretty clear.

Worse case scenario is the noise is coming from the strut/spring assembly... In which case it's not covered by warranty.

See what the brake place says on Monday.

Well this had an interesting outcome.

The noise has continued for the last 12 months but hasn't got any worse, so I assumed it was just a caliper or pad with a little bit of play and have just put up with it.

Went in for a service today and I told them about it. They re-lubed the sway bar bushes (but I lubed them well when installed) but they also said they had to re-tension some front suspension cross member bolts. And on the drive home I haven't heard it (however that's not always a guarantee its fixed!).

Anyone know which cross member bolts they have re-torqued? Seems strange that a car with only 70,000km on stock standard suspension has loose bolts?

I did all my suspension bolts up in my awd magna because of noises under braking and certain turns and totally alleviated the problem. Good idea to check out suspension components every 50k or so, I am sure they do it at the mits services also.
    Last edited by barryb; 04-03-2015 at 10:35 AM. Reason: spelling

Just replaced the sway bar bushes on my 380. Bushes cost less than $21.00 a pair from Mitsubishi. Also replaced the sway bar links as the pivot joints were a little loose. Quoted $163.00 EACH by Mitsubishi, got the nolathane ones (need to cut to length) from Repco for $78.40 the pair.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information