+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Fuel consumption 2011 CJ 2L manual.

Quote Originally Posted by fordy_4 View Post
    How comfortable are the leather seats in the LX?

I'd rather hear it first hand by an owner rather then by a possibly biased road tester
    No problems.
    The leather seats are comfortable and firm with good support without any sag. Its one of the first things we noticed when we first sat in the car.
    Within the first month the wife and I drove it to Melbourne and back. We didn't have any back problems as you normally would expect after a long drive.

The seats come with good side support, keep you seated firmly in place, and stop you sliding around in them.

The leather is on the stiff/hard side. But its no different to my GTVi.

As an added bonus in the LX, the front seats are heated. We bought the car during summer, so it wasn't until winter that we tried the heat settings. Two heat settings. One is warm just right, the other is "hot-toasty", probably a little to hot for us males, unless you like cooked gonads.

The leather quality is typical Mitsubishi, they only apply leather on the parts that touch your body with vinyl in the unseen parts. The drivers side support is starting to wear 2 years down the track. Probably from my belt rubbing each time I get in and out as it rubs on the bucket seat.

The best features are usually the little things that Mitsi have added that make driving a pleasure.
    1. One touch lane change indicators
    2. One touch windscreen wash and wipe
    3. One touch headlights 20s stay on after you get out of your car and lock it
    4. Bluetooth for phone
    5. Ipod support with voice (if you like that sort of thing)
    6. The drivers seat is electric.
    7. Smart Key entry (once you have it you cant live without it)
    8. Leather steering wheel with remote controls and leather handbrake

For what I paid for this car brand new, the competition does not come close.

Mitsi as usual do cut on unwanted costs, and it can be noticed by us enthusiasts, probably not by the average public.

They no longer support rear sway bars on models other than the VRX/sports. So they have repositioned the exhaust and muffler in a position that does not support it anyway.
    If you want a rear sway bar, it can be done, but you need to spend the money.

No interior floor illumination. If you want it its a $200 option. (or get out the soldering iron )

Auto folding mirrors, auto headlights and auto wipers, and only in the VRX models.

There is a holder for an emergency flare, only supplied in Japan, so effectively it becomes a flashlight holder.

The spare is a lightweight space saver. Only to be used in an emergency.

Sound system is middle of the road. But is OK for 90% of the general public.

No GPS/DVD in the head unit in the base models.

I think I have digressed from the seats.
    "Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

V E R A D A //// //// G T V i
    L A N C E R - CJ - LX

6.3 L/100 km on a 300 km drive today, mostly at 100 KPH.
    Translates to 44 mpg in the old currency.

what's the 2.4L like for consumption? and is the auto much thirstier than the manual?

Quote Originally Posted by cooperplace View Post
    what's the 2.4L like for consumption? and is the auto much thirstier than the manual?
    On the previous model, the CH, the 2.4L is thirstier, as is the version in automatic. No mivec though, on that model.
    The base 2.0L manual is probably the best on fuel with both the CH and CJ models, but you would have to do some research to get actual numbers for the CJ to compare.

Oops!
    Ordered an air filter for the 2004 Lancer, seeing it was a 'bit' over the due replace km (72,000 versus 45,000 recommended).
    Turned out to be the wrong one, so reordered. Hope it helps.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information