+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Show Some Leg.

Default Show Some Leg.

As I'm bored at work, thought I might start a thread in here just for us ec5a-w operators... Mods delete if my boredom had made me silly. Throw up a pic or two of Your twin turbo goodness.
    Me first, I'm Danny and this is Kaida.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Lets see if they work!

Danny & Kaida.
    Last edited by kaida; 27-11-2014 at 11:53 AM.

Can't see the images

Copy image URL so everyone can see

We've just recently replaced a cactus coilover suspension set up with the lowered Dobinsons springs & Koni Yellows all round on our Legnum. I had to get 30mm spacers made to lift the front end as the lowered Dobinsons basically dropped the car on its guts!! With the spacers in, the car sits perfect, clearance issues are minimal (is legal now) & rides & handles soooo much better than the old set up (although there are still some worn bushes & adjustments required to further reduce understeer).
    Last edited by ADM; 10-08-2015 at 10:26 AM.

Default lowered legnums are awsum

saw a good one in Ippy Qld

lowered just enough and a body kit
    Last edited by magna buff; 10-08-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ADM View Post
    We've just recently replaced a cactus coilover suspension set up with the lowered Dobinsons springs & Koni Yellows all round on our Legnum. I had to get 30mm spacers made to lift the front end as the lowered Dobinsons basically dropped the car on its guts!! With the spacers in, the car sits perfect, clearance issues are minimal (is legal now) & rides & handles soooo much better than the old set up (although there are still some worn bushes & adjustments required to further reduce understeer).
    Please dont tell people on AMC that real suspension is better than chinese coil overs mate, you will start a war

They are great though, I had same in my Legnum and loved them, the spacers are a spring thing from Dobinsons and Kings unfortunately, I have measured the Koni and the spring plate sits in the same position as the oem
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

LOL!! - I thought the same thing: that coilovers were the ultimate (well, maybe Ohlins or some other uber expensive brand).
    But seriously, the old coilover setup doesn't hold a candle to the new Dobinsons/Koni set up (at least as a street suspension package)

Yeah, the slammed front end was a bit of a surprise when we initially fitted everything up, but it was an easy enough fix to get it sorted.
    Actually, the Legnum had some USA brand coilovers (don't know if they are made in the US or not, but they were still CRAP).
    Konis are a revelation though & I had Dobinsons fitted in my other car, so I knew that it was going to be a very good set up.
    Last edited by ADM; 11-08-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Next...
    Current:
    2002 VR-X Magna
    2000 Galant VR4 Type V

Previous Cars:
    '88 GSR-X Sigma (JSpec FWD model)
    4G63BT (stock motor)
    DOHC 4G63 VR4 conversion with TDO5

'86 Sigma Super Saloon (FWD)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information