+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: VERY quiet in here....What have you done to your car lately?

Default VERY quiet in here....What have you done to your car lately?

I had the timing belt tensioner go on me, so i swapped the belt at the same time (difference between belt and no belt was $60) so $740 all up.

Got my reverse sensors in the mail, but i'm working so many hours i've had no time to hook them up.

Filled the tank 2 weeks ago and i've still got 1/2 left.

That's all from me.
    2007 SII VR-X

I forgot to renew the rego when I had money, so now it's going to expire Saturday (stupid job market. Been applying for jobs for two months now).

On the up side, I have all of the parts needed for my custom phone mount project, so there is that. I'll tinker with that eventually and get it rocked out.

After I get a job, I'm going to fix the rear bumper skin (gouged the side of it up something good), and put a spoiler on it along with the chrome boot lid trim piece.

I resprayed the roof of my beauty today. Now I am looking for some paint protector for it now. My friend recommended me http://www.colourshield.com product. What can you recommend me? I am not really into such things.
    Last edited by trevordd; 16-03-2015 at 08:12 PM.

I know a couple of the guys up here have used Opti-Coat. It's a ceramic coating that is clear and goes rock hard, putting something between your paint and everything that hits it. A guy i work with picked up a brand new Ralliart Lancer and the paint was atrocious - swirls, scratches and the like. After he had the paint corrected and the Opti-Coat applied it looks amazing. I'm seriously considering having the paint on the Blue Beast brought up to pristine and then having the car treated. It's about $700 for a full vehicle.

His web site doesn't appear to be up at the minute:

www.diamondcutdetailing.com.au

https://www.facebook.com/diamondcutdetailing
    2007 SII VR-X

Serviced the brakes detailed the under carriage, oil change ready for the annual school holiday trip down to Radelaide. Gave Jazzy380VRX a foam wash, machine polish layer of HD Nitro Seal (paint protection) and topped off with some HD Poxy awesome hybrid wax finish. Applying a paint protection product is one of the best investments you can make to keep your pride and joy looking its best a must when you live in outback NSW.
    Jazzy380VRX S1 Build No 2028 The Electro Blue Club "Love That Car"

Quote Originally Posted by trevordd View Post
    I resprayed the roof of my beauty today. Now I am looking for some paint protector for it now. My friend recommended me http://www.colourshield.com product. What can you recommend me? I am not really into such things.
    Leave the paint to breathe for a month after painting, depending on what paints were used the paint breathes out solvents when drying completely. Have seen paint fogged up because of this and be careful with what you wash it with, use a ph neutral shampoo only.

Well I've just hooked up a 4ch amp under the passenger's seat and upgraded the stock speakers , also added some sound deadener to the front doors and under the floor carpet.

Still need to finish the boot set-up as I'm doing a fiberglass sub box .........................but some bills came up (car Rego / insurance, water....) therefore no more funds to buy more fiberglass just have to wait.....

Last month I did the car service and painted the calipers and still need to install the braided brakes hoses (maybe this weekend)
    Last edited by Mitshu473; 17-03-2015 at 10:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzy380VRX View Post
    Serviced the brakes detailed the under carriage, oil change ready for the annual school holiday trip down to Radelaide. Gave Jazzy380VRX a foam wash, machine polish layer of HD Nitro Seal (paint protection) and topped off with some HD Poxy awesome hybrid wax finish. Applying a paint protection product is one of the best investments you can make to keep your pride and joy looking its best a must when you live in outback NSW.
    Sounds like you're happy with the finish. Got any pics? I'd like to see what mine is capable of being :o)
    2007 SII VR-X

Well I cleaned my car and got frustrated as my remote keeps mucking up!

Mine's not a 380, but considering its quiet, in the last two weeks the wagon has had...
    *Fitted new mids and tweeters in the front doors
    *Fitted roof cross-bars
    *Front bar and bonnet resprayed
    *Replaced the driver's side window regulator and motor
    *Had both rear wheel bearings and the fuel filter replaced

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information