+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: VERY quiet in here....What have you done to your car lately?

I've just paid the car off, so now the fun starts. I've brought new mats with 380 VRX embroidered on them. I recently brought slotted and dimpled rotors front and rear, and now just waiting for my brake pads to arrive. The past week I've been trying to buy some 20" wheels but all the tyre places I've been to don't really know what they are talking about. Almost all have said, no I doubt 20s will fit on a 380, best we can do is do a test fit and then go to 19s. One bloke even said that 19s barely fit. I ordered 20s from one place and was told they had none in WA so they had to be shipped over the Melbourne or something which for some reason was going to take 2 weeks. I then found some near new 20s on Gumtree. I've message and texted the guy twice who isn't answering. Never knew it was this hard to spend $2,000+. Once I get the new wheels, I'll be changing my King Superlows and stock shockies for BC Racings coilovers.

Quote Originally Posted by DasTrojan View Post
    Once I get the new wheels, I'll be changing my King Superlows and stock shockies for BC Racings coilovers.
    Definitely post up a picture or two with the coilovers on! Only ever seen a couple 380's with them, so would be nice to see how you get it to sit once you get yours done
    2005 380 VRX
    AMC // VIC

Quote Originally Posted by PerryP View Post
    Definitely post up a picture or two with the coilovers on! Only ever seen a couple 380's with them, so would be nice to see how you get it to sit once you get yours done
    Well it's all done. I had the day off work today and installed my new coilovers and slotted discs. The car looks brilliant with the new 20s on however it was so low I couldn't even fit my fingers between the tyres and the guards, so tomorrow I'll have to raise the car a little. What's the best way (and where) to post a couple of photo's for you?

Restart this thread the car has hit 200000k mark so had the front struts replaced,rear shocks replaced,rear discs and pads,all filters including fuel,all spark plugs, and fluids all penrite full synthetic of course timing belt was done throttle body and injectors cleaned transmission serviced and some other odds and ends now it runs like new and all for the low low price of $2500 you do notice the difference when driving after the 200k service though.

235,000 Just replaced the front struts, sway bar bushes and links. Car now handles like new again. Also had to replace the rear cat (error code came up) so replaced both with some 85,000km 2nds and also replaced all 4 oxygen sensors with new ones an lo and behold have gained nearly 2L/100km improvement in fuel economy across the board on both gas and petrol and the car now idles so much smoother.
    Have picked up some VRX front seats to replace the standard ES ones but not as yet fitted (just waiting for my broken arm and damaged tendons to heal, can't hold a fork to eat let alone swing some seats around)

211,000. Giving the car the standard 200,000+ treatment at the moment. Pulled some of the interior trim pieces off to clean behind there, a fair bit of dust came out but it's looking good now. Removed the HVAC blower to clean the vanes and blower casing, gave the carpets a wet vacuum and extracted an entire dogs-worth of hair with some assistance from a sticky roller, so the carpets are looking fantastic now. About to start turning spanners on the motor and transmission hopefully within the next fortnight.

Probably make a trip to a wreckers soon for some smaller trim pieces and some spares. The power drivers seat is beaten to hell by a previous owner so I'll either have it retrimmed or grab another one from a wrecker. Still not entirely sure what needs to be done considering there's an airbag within the seat itself - whether it's a direct swap or if the install needs to be done professionally to maintain the integrity of the SRS system. Still some research to do first.
    Last edited by Cruiser; 08-07-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    2002 Mitsubishi KJ Verada EI 3.5L V6 Engine, 4 Speed Tiptronic, Mawson White, 202000KMs
    2005 Mitsubishi 380 DB Limited Edition 3.8L V6 Engine, 5 Speed Tiptronic, Platinum Silver, 211000KMs

Gave the old girl a new oil filter and 4.5l of oil. The engine is 10 years old and has only done 155k but it never misses a beat and is so quiet after a fully synthetic enema.
    2007 SII VR-X

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information