+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Servicing of 07 CJ Lancer at 100,000 km +

Quote Originally Posted by tuffRX View Post
    It would not surprise me if it's been changed to 10 years/150,000km with the later CJ models, Toyota don't do their in tank filters on some later models until about 150/165,000km.
    Larger filter on the later models, perhaps?
    Or a change in the service requirements from in-the-field feedback?

Quote Originally Posted by MadMax View Post
    Larger filter on the later models, perhaps?
    Or a change in the service requirements from in-the-field feedback?
    Will see if I can find any difference in part numbers between the earlier and later models out of interest tomorrow.
    2004 TW VR-X AWD
    2002 TJII Sports

Quote Originally Posted by tuffRX View Post
    Will see if I can find any difference in part numbers between the earlier and later models out of interest tomorrow.
    Great!
    I wouldn't mind knowing if this is a proper filter or a sock type, and how to change it. I'm guessing that is in the manual, will check it out.

Looks like it is the same filter all the way through, same part number. Looks like the changes were made for the MY11 models onwards. Plugs went from 100k service to part of the 90k, fuel filter went from 105k to 150k and I believe that is when the blue super long life coolant was introduced as well! The fuel filter is an assembly that gets the old pump, etc changed over from the old assembly into the new one, accessed from under the rear seat through an access point in the floor. There will still be an external sock attached to the outside of the assembly.
    2004 TW VR-X AWD
    2002 TJII Sports

Hi Max
    We have replaced our '06 CH sedan (loved it!) with my in-laws '07 CJ VRX (2 litre) CVT. As the car has only done less than 80k's, do you suggest that we have the expensive 90k service done due to the age of the car, please?

Mad Max hasn't been active on this forum for quite a while.
    Regarding your car service, I would get the 90k service done now as it is based on mileage or time.

Thanks Rob.
    As the car has been serviced outside the Mits dealer network for quite a few years, and I am now retired from working at one of the metro dealers, we had the 80k service done at a local well established garage who have looked after us for a long time...their hourly rate is considerably less!
    I will take the recommendations on board and will make sure that they are done next time, finances permitting

Default CJ Lancer 90k service advice

Thanks Rob.
    As the car has been serviced outside the Mits dealer network for quite a few years, and I am now retired from working at one of the metro dealers, we had the 80k service done at a local well established garage who have looked after us for a long time...their hourly rate is considerably less!
    I will take the recommendations on board and will make sure that they are done next time, finances permitting

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information