+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: DBA rotors are now discontinued, (performance only) (possible group buy)

Default DBA rotors are now discontinued, (performance only) (possible group buy)

Hi all, dba have stopped making performance brake rotors for the 380.

Your only option is the T2 front slotted with a 1-3week wait. And they will soon stop doing them too (they no longer have any performance rotors in stock for the 380)

They said there was not enough demand for this car and they will eventually stop producing the standard rotors (seems like they are waiting to get rid of the dead stock).

Anyone who knows about brake discs and this car know that the standard rotors for performance braking view on these cars warp! (yes even the t2's warp becuase its the same standard metal)

If you want good rotors you need the heavy duty 4000 series which gives you a much better brake bite because it is a stronger metal and the discs tend to last longer and take a shit load more abuse. (at least from my experience)

Anyways ive spoken to DBA and they have said if i could place an order for 50+ Rotors of the Heavy Duty Series T3 Slotteds they would consider to make a batch. In other words we need a group buy of 25 sets of heavy duty series T3 slotted rotors.

Im not saying lets buy right now, but i want to know if people actully want these rotors and would be willing to put money down!

RDA rotors are fair weaker than dba 4000 series, and there is nothing else unless you plan on spending $2000 for a front brake package from k sport...

Please let me know

Thanks
    to me there are 3 ways of fixing and modifying a car....1. There is the RIGHT way, 2. There is the WRONG way, 3. Then there is YOUR WAY

Banned

I wouldn't do the K Sport again, straight to Brembo in my opinion.

Thats bad news I would be interested but I think we may struggle to get 25 pretty quiet in here
    Do they have any stock

any idea on $$

Just a couple of notes

Please run ANY group buys though Admins before posting them

Secondly, the comment about RDA being weaker, this is the first I have heard of this anywhere and I sell a LOT of brakes. Yes, a standard RDA, DBA, Protex rotor is not made from the same material as the top end DBA or RDA for that matter but then again they are not bad either.

Also if you want more Bite, you want SOFTER not harder rotors, why do you think that BMW, Volvo, Audi, Mercedes etc etc use such soft materials in the rotors. BECAUSE THEY WORK. Yes, they wear fast, usually 1 set of brake pads but the brakes are great from the showroom floor

What you want is an oxymoron, you want a brake rotor that will brake well, bite well but lasts for ever. No such thing. Is like saying I want 1000 hp with the economy of a Prius. Does not exist in the real world.

As for warping, there are many reasons that rotors warp, I have customers with 380 brakes on Magna's who drive them like hell and also customers with std rotors on 380's who drive them like hell and they dont warp, why, BECAUSE THEY KNOW HOW TO DRIVE!!!

Be it uneven wheel torque, getting rotors red hot and then stopping for them to cool down or what ever, not always is warping due to the rotors.

As for K Sport, I would not bother at all, if I was going to anything I would go Evo X brakes and that is about it IF I was not keeping standard.
    Last edited by Madmagna; 07-09-2015 at 04:42 PM.
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

This aint a group buy yet, just trying to see if ppl will be down for this order. If time comes I will run by admin

I dont mean to diss RDA, how ever the RDA and DBA T2's warp under track conditions. This is from my experience (less than 2 laps). The T3 Heavy Duty Series have not warped after 10-12track days, qfm ar1m track pads and castrol srf brake fluid, they are much stronger and longer lasting, they have worn out on me to min disc thickness.

Anyways I know how to drive, no one in this forum has gotten their brakes to catch fire unlike me.

Anwyays the T3 Heavy Duty Series will pay it self off in the long run vs RDA and DBA T2. End of story. I know this from fact and experience. So if you can have a better performing rotor and save you money in the long run wouldnt you go for it?

Im not gona argue over bmw and different brake metals etc etc....CBF. People can do their own re-search for this. But from my expeirence the T3 have a much better bite!

Price for the T3 will be $140-$190 per rotor, still not sure, I need a number to get back to DBA with for a price

As for K sport, yes its big bucks and probaly not worth it for these cars, I read somewhere on another forum one guy done the evo 10 brembo upgrade and said it was not much different from having slotteds, good pads, braided lines, and good brake fluid

Let me know people
    to me there are 3 ways of fixing and modifying a car....1. There is the RIGHT way, 2. There is the WRONG way, 3. Then there is YOUR WAY

Sorry, you state you know how to drive and no one has been able to get their brakes to catch fire like you....excuse me while I get over these fits of laughter.

So you put your car on a track now and again, good on you. Does not make you an instant race car driver. Of course standard brakes will warp on a race track captain obvious.........

K Sport, yes I would be more than happy to pay thousands of $$ for BRAKES MADE IN CHINA (Oh ok, Taiwan, same thing)

You can not get a number for anything here either as there is no group buy at this stage, not until you PM me with details on how you intend to carry this out, protect members funds, distribute these, any profit being made etc etc

Sorry but facts are facts, you may want to read again your post above mate, knowing how to drive does not mean you have to know how to burn your brakes which for the record I have seen a few people do, those who only know that the brake pedal is for slowing down and dont know how to use gears (not that this would apply nearly as much on a track but is a fact)

Also trying to say that Evo X brakes are not any better than slotted, I think his brain is slotted and most likely cross drilled by the sounds of that. Slotted brakes do NOT give you better braking. Good clean rotors, good pads, decent fluid is a good step in that direction. Evo x are so much larger and using the right rotors and pads WILL give you better braking and for longer as well

Banned

Freshi, sounds like you want the best?

There is always the best ever available on the 380 platform..

The Alcon brake option....available from Team Mitsubishi Racing as per the TMR380.

Nothing compares to these brakes, built for all day track work....sounds like what you need

Last edited by zilo; 08-09-2015 at 07:51 AM.

Hahaha your such a douchbag. Boy!

Admin bagging out other members haha very professional ha!

No I'm not doing it for profit, purley doing it for the love of my car and others here

Have you even compared evo x and 380 front brake pad size? They are on par with each other....

Anyways

Again its not a group buy yet, when the time comes ill pm you, until then stop being a mr know it all because you dont.

Right now I just want too see if people want these rotors or not

This is my thread so if you got nothing positive to say, stay out of here

Not to be a debbie downer but I don't think there's even 25 regular 380 owners on the forums, yet alone 25 members who would warrant a set of high performance rotors.

There's definitely merit in an Evo upgrade simply because of the wider choice of pads and rotors you'd have available to you.
    Current Ride: 1997 NL Pajero GLS

Former Ride: 2005 380 GT

The one that started it all: 2001 TJ Magna VR-X
    Voted AMC /// /// QMD Best Overall Car 2011

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information