+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best place to splice in for additional interior lighting

Default Best place to splice in for additional interior lighting

Hay fellow Enthusiasts
    Going to add some extra interior lighting including puddle lights and was curious as to whats the best way to tap into the interior lighting circuit
    Going to put in puddle lights on all the doors and also floor lights in the rear most likely mounted under the rear of the front seats

Easiest, but maybe not the best way I found was to tap into the main interior light loom in the roof and run it back down the passenger side A pillar. I used the roof location as I have installed blue led strip along the top of the front and rear windscreens,I also have them under the dash and the rear seat.
    In order for any additional lighting to work you must tap into the two existing factory light loom.

Door /puddle lights are going to be a major pia as to get to everything, you will need to take the front seats out at least and then trying to feed the wires through the factory door looms... mmmm, more effort than what it is worth.
    Last edited by maggie3.5; 20-09-2015 at 08:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maggie3.5 View Post
    Easiest, but maybe not the best way I found was to tap into the main interior light loom in the roof and run it back down the passenger side A pillar. I used the roof location as I have installed blue led strip along the top of the front and rear windscreens,I also have them under the dash and the rear seat.
    In order for any additional lighting to work you must tap into the two existing factory light loom.

Door /puddle lights are going to be a major pia as to get to everything, you will need to take the front seats out at least and then trying to feed the wires through the factory door looms... mmmm, more effort than what it is worth.
    Thanks Michael
    no effort is too much for Samantha I will have a look around to see where the main interior lighting wiring comes out and maybe setup a junction box or similar

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information