+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New brake pads and rotors

Also have Bendix pads (not sure what type as they were freebies) for my Brembo equipped AWD and like how they work. No idea with wear though as its only been doing about 1000k's per year.

edit....... may be the stock Evo 10 ones from JasonsVRX.... scored 3 different types also some from Alscall.
    Last edited by zero; 07-10-2016 at 02:27 PM.

Ha ha, my wife would like upgraded brakes (bigger calipers/rotors) but I don't think there are any that fit directly, and with good pads and rotors these do the job, even when she tows the horse. Track work is another thing altogether.
    Daily Ride - 2018 Triton Exceed - White - Stock
    Weekend Warrior: 2008 380 VRX - Mawson White - Stock
    Retired: 2003 BA XR8 - Venom Red - Lots of mods

Quote Originally Posted by genebaby View Post
    Ha ha, my wife would like upgraded brakes (bigger calipers/rotors) but I don't think there are any that fit directly, and with good pads and rotors these do the job, even when she tows the horse. Track work is another thing altogether.
    No doubt about it, the 380 brakes are good. You can modify bigger pads that'll fit too if anyone feels its worth it. The IP race guys used to..... from memory I think a Corvette pad, which obviously gave more choice too, but cant remember which model.

Yes, for a family car they are good, not too many family sedans with vented rear discs.

The new pads and rotors went on yesterday. Bendix HD with DBA standard rotors all round.

When I booked it in my mechanic was like, no, take the HD's back, get GCT's, the HD's are terrible cold etc.... I said, no thanks, I'll keep them.

They do have a bedding in strip on them these days and say Hybrid on the box, so I think they have changed them since the old days.

So far so very good!!

I don't think the brakes have felt this good in a long time. They are perfectly fine from cold and work a whole lot better than before. The car feels more solid now when coming to a stop.

It's been a long time since I used a Bendix pad, but if they stay like this I'll probably get them again.

Will let them bed in a bit more before I let the wife tow the horse!

I have had the GCTs previously and wasn't a huge fan - they're fine for a daily driver but I found them fading quite quickly on mountain runs. So probably not the best choice for someone who tows a horse float either.
    Current Ride: 1997 NL Pajero GLS

Former Ride: 2005 380 GT

The one that started it all: 2001 TJ Magna VR-X
    Voted AMC /// /// QMD Best Overall Car 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Red Valdez View Post
    I have had the GCTs previously and wasn't a huge fan - they're fine for a daily driver but I found them fading quite quickly on mountain runs. So probably not the best choice for someone who tows a horse float either.
    Totally agree!

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    Totally agree!
    Thats why GCT's are the entry level in the Bendix range apart from there other pad they box for house brand customers.

Exactly guys. I can't believe what that mechanic was saying, there are no issues when cold/etc. You can't have brakes that are too good in my opinion, but I do know what he means about bad cold braking.

I once drove a BA2 GT out in the country. Took it for a spin down the road and came to a T-intersection, expecting the brakes to be like in my XR8, ie to work, but holy crap, we almost didn't stop in time, they were terrible from cold whatever pads he had on there. You do want to avoid that, but I haven't heard of the HD's being like that lately so kept them on.

Pads do change, like the QFM HPX's, so that's worth remembering. The pad you got last time could be different now, but hopefully for the better of course. I know I won't be using any more QFM products, there time seems to have been and gone.

[QUOTE=genebaby;1642346]The new pads and rotors went on yesterday. Bendix HD with DBA standard rotors all round.QUOTE]

Have a look at Have a read of http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=90136

and see my comments at posts 10 and 25 re Bendix HD's

Recently changed to QFM HPX all round and "judder" is gone

Interested to hear if you get slight "judder" as the car creeps at traffic lights etc and your ease off the brakes to just let the car move. I do howver have the slotted rotors.
    Terry M
    380 GT Series III Build 25874
    LPG
    Previous Series I VRX Build 7555

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information