+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: AVN 6000 install issue

Default AVN 6000 install issue

Hi Guys,

Hoping for some help with an issue I have installing an AVN 6000 sat/nav. Been upgrading my VRX series 3 and want to add the original nav system.

Beside not having the correct looms which I will have to make up. Upon powering up its saying 'check map disc' Looks like the previous owner only had a copy of the non eclipse latest maps which will not allow the unit to initialise if disconnected from battery

From what I have researched, I need an Eclipse whereis map dvd to kickstart the system - Would anybody happen to have an older version of the Eclipse map DVD? either physical or to download. I have had no luck thus far. Lots of links from 2008-09 long dead

Pretty much a heavy door stop at the moment. Pity as well as it came with original reverse camera, bluetooth and ipod docking.

Doh. Good luck in your search. Are there any Pioneer forums or similar to check also?

I've CarPlay in mine, axxes1 steering wheel controller with manual remap so rhs is vol up, siri, vol down, lhs is skip/up, play/pause, back/down. If you can't get it sorted, hopefully you can, highly suggest a good CarPlay or Android Auto head unit, whichever floats your boat.

Have you tried taking it to Mitsubishi? sounds obvious I know but those are the guys that'll have you your looking for.

Or try Mitsfix
    AMC WA since 2013

OLD2004 Mitsubishi Magna TW VRX 5 Speed Manual http://http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99119&highlight=

NOW2000 BMW E46 330ci http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/sh...143&highlight=

I have the updated disc from about 2 years ago. PM me.

Thanks for reply's. Still no luck😐 Tracked down a update dvd which did not work, looks like its not an OEM eclipse which needs to have firmware.

Mitsubishi no help.

I understand its 9 years old but unbelievable how there is such minimal info about 6000 out there!

Maybe more luck with gas_hed update disc

Hi,

just checking back to see if any owners out there have a avn6000 firmware/map disc.

Dont want to give up yet!

Hi, yeah so I forgot about this until the other day when I disconnected my battery and had to find the original disc to get the head unit to boot, then put the updated disc back in.

I can copy the original disc for you and you can have a go at getting it to boot with that and then putting in your updated disc.

Sorry for the delay mate.

Other option is what I did and update to the AVN726 or 836 which is what I did in my 380. Still eclipse but much later model
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

That would be great, really want to get it going.

Just let me know how much i owe you and i can PM or email details

Thanks!

I was just wondering if that copy worked or if anyone figured something out. Im down to pay aswell for a copy of the disc if it works, I live in sydney and can pick up or pay for postage.
    Any help is appreciated, Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information