+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New ASX joins our Mitsu Family

Default New ASX joins our Mitsu Family

Took delivery of a brand spanking new ASX today....

Specs

XLS 2WD model - we dont need it to be 4wd
    Metallic Red
    2.0l 4cyl petrol engine with CVT

being the XLS version gives it some nice little touches such as panoramic roof, push button start, MMCS, heated leather seats, and the list goes on.....

I know these things are getting pretty close to end of life models, but for the value for money for what they are is nice, not too ever the top

Pics to come.......
    2016 XLS Petrol ASX
    2013 GLXR Triton

Great choice there.

If yours has the 4J11 engine (100% sure it does), you will be pleasantly surprised by the fuel economy. Double that of the Magna around town, or thereabouts.

If it feels a bit sluggish when new, don't worry, improves greatly when it's run in at about 1,000 km.

As for being near end of life, just the opposite. Nissan and Mitsu have teamed up and I think you will find Mitsu is going to concentrate on the bigger vehicles like the ASX, Outlander and Pajero.
    I was tempted to buy one, but wanted a bit more interior space and already have a Lancer, so I went for the Outlander. Price difference wasn't that great.
    Last edited by MadMax; 26-09-2016 at 03:42 PM.

Thanks max

Yes it does feel a bit sluggish, I had the same thought that it would free up a bit, but at the same time im not dissapointed as to how it is now, its main purpose is for efficiency, but still with a little size to it

Whencit comes to end of life, I meant with its current shape....they would have to be due in the next couple of years to do a body shape update, but im only assuming, look how long the lancer shape has lasted, and the asx as it is now is quite a popular car
    2016 XLS Petrol ASX
    2013 GLXR Triton

Isnt it funny how tastes differ, in some regards I agree with that review, but in others I dont....comparing one car to another all comes down to individual taste, that review puts the mazda cx-3s interior above the asx......perhaps it may be true with overall material quality, but man, the cx-3 interior is just butt ugly, but to others it probably cutting edge and beautiful
    2016 XLS Petrol ASX
    2013 GLXR Triton

We have a 2014 ASX Aspire 4wd Turbo Diesel.
    2002 TJ VR-X Series II | King Springs & KYB | Morel & Focal | Pewter | goeslikeashot | WITH ONLY 61K on the clock

I like the nose on the ASX more than the bling of the Outlander. How long that chrome on the front will stay looking good if you drive on dusty roads a lot is an unknown. Sandblasted back to the plastic in short time perhaps?
    Despite the look of the Outlander, the nose is quite fragile, hit anything solid and it will just fold up, but that is what modern cars are like, all the strength is in the people cell.
    The Outlander of next year will not have any external body feature changes, just a lot of electronic driver aids will be added. I imagine the ASX for MY17 will get the same treatment.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information