+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A record for us

Default A record for us

I think this is a record for economy for our 380. 960km round trip with about 100km of heavy Sydney traffic but otherwise gentle highway driving mostly with A/C off.

7.9l/100 km on 95 RON fuel (calculated from actual use). Just goes to show these can be quite economical when driven carefully.

Cars are unpredictable when it comes to this kind of stuff I had an EA falcon 5 speed manual I drove from Cooma NSW to Sydney where I filled up because I think it had about 3/4 of a tank so I thought ill fill it save me doing it again later on anyways while I was lost in Sydney for about an hour of driving I finally found my way out and was heading home to Brisbane that 990km tank was still full I made it all the way back to Brisbane on that tank and still had a 1/4 of a tank left in the car no one believes this story when I tell it the car ran like a dream for about 3 weeks after that idle was smoother engine just seemed so much better on fuel this is the only car that I had thats done this and I have made the trip at least 50 times over the years with all types of cars mainly 2nd and 3rd gen Magnas and there usually around the 700k mark and have a lot more power.

Yeah they can be. A few years ago I decided to test how economical they could be whilst driving to work, so a 20 - 30 min trip from an inner Brisbane city suburb heading to Fairfield. So traffics lights, good amount of traffic, max speed limit of 60 and I could return under 10L/100. 9.6 was the lowest. And that's not going overboard like coasting up the lights, or neutral down hills or accelerating stupidly slowly.
    I was quite impressed considering not a bit of driving over 60 and through heaps of traffic lights. And considering I've read road tests of 4cyc Accords and Optimas returning in the 9s.
    S3 VRX

I had 3 refills. City leg returned 10.1. A fair bit of peak hour and some gentle M5 running. Highway legs 7.1 and 7.8. I was really careful without driving lower than limits and there was lots of anticipating, very few applications of the brakes etc.

95 RON fuel is supposed to help a little bit but the cool temps and no A/C helped the most. Our diesel SANTA FE would get high 6s in the same conditions but the 380 drives a LOT better (as they do compared to any SUV under 60k).

How big is the tank in a 380?

380 tank is 67l.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information