+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 380 Series 1 respray

Quote Originally Posted by blockhead View Post
    7l/100km is a helluva lot better than 18l/100km. When i get around to getting rid of the 380 it'll be roadworthy, mechanically sound and the paint might be peeling, but i bet i can find someone who needs a decent car for $500.

Until then i'll enjoy the comfort and reliability, with a bit of peeling paint here and there.
    Wow how does your 380 manage to get such good fuel consumption? Mine averaged 10.6l/100km

I live 45km from work and the average speed limit is 80-100 with no lights until the very end. I check the tyre pressure weekly and drive it like a sane person

If i drive at 95-100, locked in 5th the instant fuel economy is 7-7.5l/100

Not being a smart arse, but isn't that normal?
    2007 SII VR-X

Also not trying to be a smart arse, but what is the overall fuel consumption as you can't only travel the open road for every journey you take.
    The average I quoted from mine was for 3 years travel calculated, from fuel used and distance travelled, not from the fuel consumption display.

Nah, you're right.My apologies
    2007 SII VR-X

My bonnet, roof and boot started getting that milky look and losing some of the shine. Only very, very slightly and no actual clear coat peeling/cracks. Cut and polish 2 years ago and sealant applied regularly fixed it right proper. However the milkiness continued on the roof. 1 month ago made the call to get it black gloss vinyl wrapped. I'm real happy - going to post some photos in a month or two. think I got a bit ripped as it cost $350 but hey, still cheaper than a respray.
    True story
    S3 VRX

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information