+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Car broken into without any damage

Default Car broken into without any damage

Hi everyone,

So my 380 was broken into last night which sucks, but the strange thing is there was no signs of forced entry its as though the person getting in had a key to get in. Basically walked up to the car this morning and I couldn't unlock the car using the key fob and thought it was a little strange. Went and grabbed the spare key, same issue walked around the car and found the front drivers side door not fully closed. When I opened it someone had ransacked through the front of the car. There was nothing on show only a phone in my glove box which was obviously stolen along with the charging cable. All is reported with the correct authorities its just I'm left bewildered. I have a good habit of checking if I lock my car every time and I swear it was locked when I left. The only real explanation is that I haven't closed a door fully and the alarm hasn't engaged but I just spoke with a local in my street and they too were also broken into and they swear they locked their car also.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else has had anything similar happen to their 380's or I may just left my door slightly opened and to learn from this experience to never leave anything valuable in the car.

Quote Originally Posted by jmore1231 View Post
    Hi everyone,

So my 380 was broken into last night which sucks, but the strange thing is there was no signs of forced entry its as though the person getting in had a key to get in. Basically walked up to the car this morning and I couldn't unlock the car using the key fob and thought it was a little strange. Went and grabbed the spare key, same issue walked around the car and found the front drivers side door not fully closed. When I opened it someone had ransacked through the front of the car. There was nothing on show only a phone in my glove box which was obviously stolen along with the charging cable. All is reported with the correct authorities its just I'm left bewildered. I have a good habit of checking if I lock my car every time and I swear it was locked when I left. The only real explanation is that I haven't closed a door fully and the alarm hasn't engaged but I just spoke with a local in my street and they too were also broken into and they swear they locked their car also.

Just thought I'd see if anyone else has had anything similar happen to their 380's or I may just left my door slightly opened and to learn from this experience to never leave anything valuable in the car.
    I'd say its more likely an error on your behalf, either by leaving the car unlocked unknowingly or a door slightly ajar (though the alarm will still sound if the door is opened while locked/armed as it operates off the door switches.)

I'd agree. It's amazing how often I forget to lock the car now we have remote locking, especially if I fluff around getting my work bag out of the boot.

The proximity locking is the bees knees.

Many years ago when I had just received my first 380 I mistakenly looked the keys in the boot while in SA - without the second set with me.

The RAA mech had instructions on how to get in - via the rear door if I recall correctly! - No damage or visible sign!
    Terry M
    380 GT Series III Build 25874
    LPG
    Previous Series I VRX Build 7555

Quote Originally Posted by telpat16 View Post
    Many years ago when I had just received my first 380 I mistakenly looked the keys in the boot while in SA - without the second set with me.

The RAA mech had instructions on how to get in - via the rear door if I recall correctly! - No damage or visible sign!
    Thanks guys for the responses, that's kind of scary knowing that they could do that. I do have a feeling that maybe this time I just didn't lock my car properly. Its a good learning experience though and to not leave anything valuable in the car even if its in the glove box hidden away.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information