+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mits 380 - Steering wheel radio remote controls issue

Default Mits 380 - Steering wheel radio remote controls issue

Hi All,

This is a strange one. The remote control buttons on the steering wheel only work when the engine is not running. The ignition can be on either accessories or in the on position (dash lights on) but as soon as you start the engine, the buttons stop working. I have checked every function on the radio and CD and all works fine. This problem has only just started and there was no indication of a problem developing such as the buttons working intermittently, everything worked fine until one day it didn't.

Yes I have checked the plug on the back of the radio, no wires are broken, and they are getting resistance readings from the steering wheel buttons. I have tried swearing profusely at the radio and steering wheel but to no effect

Any ideas?

This is the basic unit, not the 6 stack.

What's the voltage across your battery with the engine running and not runnning?

12.2v ignition off, 14.3v engine running - same readings at fuse boxes as to battery
    Battery is only a year old.
    Last edited by Oldersox; 24-08-2017 at 10:45 AM.

Doesn't sound like a voltage regulation issue.

Has any part of the dash been touched in the past, have you installed anything? Is there anything plugged into the cigarette lighter? Has any electrical work been done on the car?

Had a service with the airbag recall lately?
    Last edited by flyboy; 26-08-2017 at 01:46 PM.

Nothing touched under dash for a long time. Nothing plugged into cigarette lighter, no airbag service. Last electrical repairs were O2 sensors which I doubt would cause the problem, prior to that was the battery a year ago.
    Am going to do a pug and unplug of the connectors related to the stereo and see what happens.
    Hoping its not the stereo as I quite like the original and don't want to replace it.
    Last edited by Oldersox; 28-08-2017 at 10:30 AM.

Hi Oldersox,

Did you ever resolve this issue?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information