+ Reply to Thread

Thread: low mileage 380 series three

Default low mileage 380 series three

I bought a 380 series 3 GTL a year ago and it had 75000 km on the clock. The car had only done 2000 K in the two years before that.
    The car has had the usual service done, but of course, none of the important stuff. So to bring it up to scratch, I wonder if I should have the extra services done;

Timing belt.
    Cooling system flush.
    Transmission flush.
    Brake system flush

The 380 drives like a new car.
    Any suggestions or comments please?
    thanks
    rumpfy.

Let me start by saying everything i post below is IMO and could be subject to correction by the highest and only authority

Seriously and to address your concerns , if in doubt and you are not too strapped for funds ( we have all been there ) then do it. Peace of mind is priceless eh !
    Last edited by Steeler; 06-09-2017 at 04:34 PM.

Personal preference but I will always do that stuff on a 2nd hand purchase purely for the peace of mind that YOU are personally up to date with service history. Especially the Timing Belt, even though it may have only travelled 2000km for the previous two years.. that stuff ages and goes brittle like rubber tyres and its probably getting close to the 100k km mark. But timing belt change isn't just a belt change.. the labour cost required to do that if you are not doing it yourself is enough to warrant changing other things in the vicinity like the waterpump, rocker gaskets, etc. This is because IF your waterpump goes in another 20k/30 km then you pay a similar labour cost in pulling the top part of the engine apart to get to it
    Last edited by dsp26; 06-09-2017 at 07:33 PM.
    2005 Mitsubishi 380GT
    2003 Nissan X-Trail ST-R

Best thing is to book it in, I would do the timing belt without question as well as the coolant, rest one would need to see the condition of these items to determine if has been done or needs to be done

Timing belts you dont want to mess with, 5 years or 100k
    Mits-fix E-Bay Store here

Mits-Fix on Facebook here

Quote Originally Posted by Madmagna View Post
    Best thing is to book it in, I would do the timing belt without question as well as the coolant, rest one would need to see the condition of these items to determine if has been done or needs to be done

Timing belts you dont want to mess with, 5 years or 100k
    This.
    Your car is almost 10 years old and it sounds like the belt has never been done. If that's the case you've already doubled the expected life of the belt, be proud of that .
    Please use the report a post feature, instead of replying and creating more work for the admin team. Thanks!

OK. Answers received with thanks
    Rumpfy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information