+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Misting Windscreen Nozzles

Default Misting Windscreen Nozzles

Looking for a direct fit (no messing about) set of misting windscreen wiper fluid nozzles....rather than the solid stream version on my TJ that doesn't dispense a sufficient spread of water to get off the bugs !
    (Am away for work for a few days...dont cuss if i dont respond back quickly)
    Just throwing it out there as Im sure someone here has done this before me!
    Thanks in advance.

that rules out 380 nozzles then: lots of messing about needed.

But the solid stream nozzles in my TW dispense lots of water. Yours aren't blocked?
    Last edited by cooperplace; 10-06-2018 at 05:28 PM.

Get some stranded copper wire, wrap a few strands to approx thickness, remove existing nozzles and push the wire into the nozzle and give it a jiggle about to clean them. Did this to mine, huge difference

Check under bonnet that the plastic junction/joiners in your rubber hose piping hasn't gone brittle & hairline cracked. My washers were "losing pressure/flow" and I was wondering where all the water had gone to - thinking its a holey rubber hose, but no the white plastics have fractured. Water falls out between rear bank & firewall & dries out quick so it's not easy to find wetness.

FYI I hate misters!! They wash off NOTHING & are worse than oldskool jets

And, as well, I had low water flow after removing the washers watertank. Turned out that the delivery hose just adjacent to the pump outlet was slightly crinkled, thus restrictiong the flow. There was too much hose length right at the pump outlet. Just rearranged the hose in the clamps. All OK.

Worth checking for pondscum & algae in the water tank too, have had that clog up my jets on occasion.

Apparently the Honda misting nozzles fit the Pajero so I ordered 4 (two for the Pajero and two for the wife's Outlander). Will see if they fit the Outlander well or not. Will report back here for others if interested.

Mal, do you know if the Magna/380 has the same hole for the nozzles as the Pajero?

https://www.amayama.com/en/part/honda/76810saae01

Fitted the Honda misting nozzles to the Pajero and they work nicely. Apparently, the wife's Outlander already has misting nozzles that I never realised after almost 10 years of ownership.

Quote Originally Posted by vlad View Post
    Fitted the Honda misting nozzles to the Pajero and they work nicely. Apparently, the wife's Outlander already has misting nozzles that I never realised after almost 10 years of ownership.
    What were they worth Vlad?
    And a part number if you can !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information