+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Why are 03-05 tl tw so darn cheap

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium7 View Post
    I don't think the wave spring is a big deal. I mean how many magnas are out there? Flapping heaps of them. How many confirmed reports of actual transmission problems? Very few

Now oil leaks on the other hand.... Don't buy one if you've just got a new concrete driveway
    My KL Verada has done 150,000 ks, previous owner had the seals done on the rocker covers at about 90,000 ks, only a slight oil leak now, maybe the dizzy seal, I changed the ATF just after I bought it due to a bad shudder at 98,000 k's and bits of wave spring was stuck to the sump plug, had it fix at a cost of $1800, so the auto has been a bigger problem then oil leaks for me. My KH was the opposite though.

But why did you repair the transmission? that's an insane cost
    I've read of plenty of people with broken wave springs that continue to run the car with no apparent ill effects

Quote Originally Posted by Millenium7 View Post
    But why did you repair the transmission? that's an insane cost
    I've read of plenty of people with broken wave springs that continue to run the car with no apparent ill effects
    Because the car had low k's, driving a car with a broken wave spring is a gamble, parts of the wave spring can enter the pump anytime and destroy it, I do a bit of driving out of town I didn't want to be stuck in the middle of nowhere, I needed a reliable car, the car only cost me $2200 so the $1800 was piece of mind, and I have done 50,000 k's since the wave spring was replaced, if I only drove it around town maybe I wouldn't have went to to expense.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information