+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: TW Magna Solara Standard Alloys

Thanks for the info mcs-xi, duly noted. Funny you should mention speedo offset. I'll get to that in another reply.

Regards
    Dec

Waynebv14, you are exceedingly generous and one of those people who restore my faith in people.

I'm really hopeful of heading onto 17" if I can but if nothing works for me there I'll pm you most certainly. Thankyou very much for the offer.

Regards
    Dec

Thanks for the tip leadfoot6

I did actually reply to this yesterday but I must have actually exited the page without clicking on "post reply" .... another senior moment to brag about.

I friend of mine with an ebay account has emailed or messaged Mitz-Fix to see about shipping and costs and we'll see how that works out. They certainly look the part! I'd still probably put new rubber on either set.

The other option I've been presented with is an offer from the son of a guy I went to school with. He had a 2004 Magna which he ordered a set of after market 17x7.5 inch alloys for, (sadly not genuine but ..well) and each is shod with a Pirelli 235x45x17. Can't remember the exact model tyre "but the one under the P0" they tell me *shrugs*, supposedly a good tyre anyway.

Long story short between ordering and paying the online store and the arrival he wrote off the Magna! (Says it wasn't his fault, I'm not prying for details ). He kept them as he was going to get another Magna but now after 5 Months he has his eye on a Skyline a friend of his is selling which he wants cash to go towards and the wheels and tyres which have never been bolted on to a car let alone been on the road are balanced, ready and sitting in his shed. I can have them for $800 if I want them.

I've checked the profile calculator and it says no appreciable speedo difference, the boys and Mitsubishi tell me the extra half inch on the rim and 10mm tyre width should not cause any issues clearance wise so I'm going over sometime later today or tomorrow. They're not genuine of course which was my desire but .... brand new and $450 less than effectively buying the set new now makes it hard to ignore. If I like the look of the wheels, you know, nothing ultra mod and at least a little old school I may find it hard to not reach into my pocket.

I'll update how it ends up.

Thanks again to you and all the other responders.

Regards
    Dec

Greetings all

OK, My friend didn't get a reply on his enquiry via ebay regarding the VRX wheels, or at least so he reports. I went and looked at the set of Wheel/Tyres my Friend's son has. They're brand new as described, tyres are Pirelli "Dragon Sport" 235x45x17's and the rims are also new. Thinly spoked so good cooling, Plain alloy no colour anywhere which I like and not to "avant guarde". I can't remember the model of them although he did tell me. 7x7.5's so I paid for them and left them in his garage. Not what I originally started out looking for but I'm pretty happy.

I've got it booked in for fitting and an alignment on all wheels Tuesday. I'll post a picture in the thread when it's done for anyone interested.

Thanks again all for the replies.

Regards
    Dec

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information