+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Carby

Default Carby

I have a '91 Triton 2 WD (petrol) with what I think is a Mikuni-Solex carby. It has a flat spot which may be the secondary diaphragm (guessing) I've been quoted from 7-8 hundred upwards to rebuild, my question, has anyone had any experience with those Chinese copies? I am going to try replacing the secondary diaphragm first, so will report if that fixes the problem, then no doubt will have more questions.
    I haven't been on here since working on daughter in law's TS Magna some years back.

Replaced the secondary diaphragm, made a big difference, so thought I'd be kind to the old girl and put new rotor, dissie cap, plugs and leads. Now it is missing at low revs.
    Any ideas where to go now.

You may have a slight air leak which is causing the air/fuel mixture to be too lean. Once you get the revs up, the dilution effect of the leakage is reduced and it doesn't miss. The air leak can be from the gasket at the base of the carby, or it could be a small vacuum line left off.

The air leak could also be a worn throttle butterfly shaft bushing allowing air to enter at that point.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information