+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 380 windscreen washer jets

Default 380 windscreen washer jets

2005 Series II 380 VRX, I need 2 new windscreen washer jets (nozzles), anyone able to help. Cheers

How much are they at the dealer?

Normally about $17 but the issue is, they are simply not available in Aus and not listed as an available part in Japan but not yet marked as obsolete. I spent about an hour with the local Mits Parts guy and got nowhere. I'm about 95% sure it's the same part as the USA Series 9 Mits Galant, 3.8 litre model. I need two. Am casting about for another solution but would prefer 2 working originals

Should be able to get them at the wreckers
    2002 TJ VR-X Series II | King Springs & KYB | Morel & Focal | Pewter | goeslikeashot | WITH ONLY 61K on the clock

Quote Originally Posted by rodpolky View Post
    Should be able to get them at the wreckers

Thanks for the suggestion, been around the local wreckers but 380 washer jets have all been scavenged. I will pursue help from interstate wreckers in the search for OEM jets. The jets dry out with very fine "mud" in them and generally cannot be made to work again, the "mud" sets like superglue. I have a solution in the pipeline and will post the results. This will become an issue for many older vehicles as a number of sites are stating, In stock - will be available until depleted. The inference is - once they are gone, that's it. Unless an aftermarket supplier gets on board, what is really a low volume model like the 380 may be without some spare parts. Such is life. Annoys me a bit as I have a 2007 Series II VRX which has just turned over 75,000 kms, had it fitted up with a full Alpine system and we use it for travelling around the state, a delightful vehicle to tour in.

I believe the Series 9 Galant and the 380 are the same car.

I won't guarantee that:

https://niceproducts.com.au/

based in Sydney, will be able to help, but recently they helped another AMC member with his windscreen washer pump problem.

http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=108268

They sell aftermarket nozzles, and list part #NWN802.Front as suitable for the 380.

See also the list of vehicles that also use the same part using the "drop down" menu:

https://niceproducts.com.au/feature/search-by-vehicle/
    Last edited by leadfoot6; 12-07-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob's 380 View Post
    I believe the Series 9 Galant and the 380 are the same car.
    That's my understanding too but I have not been about confirm the part from the Galant.

Thanks for your reply. I have a couple of jets from Nice Products on the way, will see how they perform. They will have to be good to be better or even as good the spray pattern from the originals. Happy motoring

If they don't work out, I have a 380 I'm wrecking and still have the jets if your still interested.

I actually bought a set couple of months back, one was local the other had to come in from interstate
    AMC///WA
    My Ride

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information