+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Kj verada 2000rpm in park and neutral 800rpm in drive

Default Kj verada 2000rpm in park and neutral 800rpm in drive

My 2000 kj verada ei with cruise control and TCL. One day after I disconnected the battery and reconnected it, the car when started sits at 2000rpm when in park or neutral once in drive and reverse drops to 800 without hesation (sometimes dips really low then up to 800).
    I've checked fuses, done throttle body clean, cleaned AFM/MAS/MAF (whichever it's called) Checked ISC with multimeter gave up 4 different values also car ran the same with ISC disconnected, Replaced ISC, done a vaccum check,
    Checked TPS's they function but when trying check adjust ment from what I've read on here I know I need to use a 1.4mm spacer but I can't understand where?
    Twice it has failed to start, the first was before changed ISC. unplugged and replugged ISC reset ISC and it started.
    Then yesterday with new ISC it did not start again tried same trick no luck disconnected battery waited 10 minutes no luck when tried again. Then just sat frustrated (had just knocked off) 15 minutes later tried starting held key longer than normally would it wasn't starting sounded close to starting turned key off then pretty much straight back on and it fired up and got me home.
    Any ideas on my next step would be grateful. Sorry about wall of text I tried to give all info I could

Also when getting fault codes via jumping pin 1 is there a noticeable difference between the slow and fast flashes? Or the constant no code flash? I couldn't tell

Did you do anything to it while the battery was disconnected?

Service manual says to leave it idling for 10 minutes after a battery disconnection.

I had an issue recently myself... http://www.aussiemagna.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=108306

Yeah I had read through your thread that's where I got the info about the ISC. Yeah I let it idle for 20 minutes the first time it dropped to just below the 2000rpm line. I've used close to $40 of petrol letting it idle over past 2-3 weeks trying to let it learn

I'm mainly want to fix/concerned about it idling so high in park and neutral everything I've read concerns thebopposite

Quote Originally Posted by Gavdore19 View Post
    Also when getting fault codes via jumping pin 1 is there a noticeable difference between the slow and fast flashes? Or the constant no code flash? I couldn't tell
    You'd need to check the W/S manual for confirmation but my recollection is that the slow flashes are 2 seconds long and the fast half a second. There will only be codes to retrieve though if the CEL is displayed consistently after the engine is running - it displays for a short period after ignition ON which can carry over to initial engine run and then go out; if it then comes back on while the engine is still running there should be a code to retrieve. Codes are cleared by disconnecting the battery (or unplugging the ECU from the harness).

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information