+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 380 Power Seat Info

Default 380 Power Seat Info

Recently I have noticed a few helpful tips on parts for the 380 power seats. First, there are 3 types.

4 Way (tilt only) driver's chair
    6 Way (tilt and slide) driver's chair
    10 Way (tilt/slide+power lumbar & memory) driver's with 6 Way power passenger (tilt & slide)

The 380 uses switches, motors and mechanisms from the same company that supplies seats for GMH and FOMOCO Aus. The seat upper framing, motors and switches are the same as cars produced by these companies. In a few cases, the seat switches are sourced from other manufacturers also.

The 4 and 6 way chairs switches and motors can be sourced from VT-VE commodores, as well as BA onwards falcons.

The 10 Way chair switches and motors can be sourced from VT onwards high spec cars, as well as BF onwards high spec cars as ford only fitted 6 way chairs to its high spec vehicles in the BA. Even the memory switch is the same as a BA onwards Ghia with the mirror button removed and hidden under the trim.

The 10 way switch is a chrysler part and its chrysler part number is on the switch itself if your car switch fails.

Typical failures are the solders on the switch board cracking and failing. If the switch adjustment covers are lost, any Jeep grand cherokee from the late 90's, Holden or Ford with power chair will be a direct replacement also. Due to failure, the switch in my 380 VRX below is from WH Caprice.

If your 380 seat suffers any failure or needs an upgrade to more electric adjustment, parts are avail everywhere in the mentioned vehicles.

Mike
    Current Ride D3 Audi A8 4.2 V8 Quattro Sport
    Current Ride 2004 KL Verada AWD
    Previous 3rd Gen's
    TE Magna Advance
    TF Magna Sports
    KH Verada XI
    TJ Magna S2 Advance
    TJ Magna VRX LE Sable
    TL Magna VR LE
    KL Verada AWD Leather Pack

Thanks for that" handy to know

As usual fantastic information shared
    2002 TJ VR-X Series II | King Springs & KYB | Morel & Focal | Pewter | goeslikeashot | WITH ONLY 61K on the clock

Thanks guys. Should save someone a few hundred $$$.

I am deciding if I should but I think it would be very easy to build a full 8 way power passenger chair using the passenger base from the 380 GT, the backrest motor from any of the local brand cars and the switch and loom for the donor passenger seat should plug in easy. These parts are interchangable with each other and use common plugs etc.

The lack of a power backrest on the 380 passenger seat is a bit shit.

Mike
    Current Ride D3 Audi A8 4.2 V8 Quattro Sport
    Current Ride 2004 KL Verada AWD
    Previous 3rd Gen's
    TE Magna Advance
    TF Magna Sports
    KH Verada XI
    TJ Magna S2 Advance
    TJ Magna VRX LE Sable
    TL Magna VR LE
    KL Verada AWD Leather Pack

+ Reply to Thread