+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Advance vs Pacemaker Headers. What to get?

Default Advance vs Pacemaker Headers. What to get?

Hey,

I'm finally getting serious about extractors. I can't justify RPW and have narrowed it down to pacemaker and advance headers.

Advance:
    1 5/8 primaries, press bent. Interference design. 2" secondaries.

Pacemaker:
    1 1/2 primaries, mandrel bent. Tuned design. Unknown secondaries

Given I've got a 4 speed auto, I think better mid torque would be more beneficial from an interference design. If i had a manual I'd probably opt for a tuned design coz I would be able to keep the revs in the upper band.

So yeah, I'm thinking Advance (plus they're local in adelaide!). Has anybody got any other reasons why I should or shouldn't go with these??

**EDIT** This thread isn't meant to be a 'my extractors are better' **** fight. I just what peoples opinions on what they think would be better for MY car
    KH Xi
    Anonymity is a gift.

i was the prototype car for advance headers, bloody good (compared to ralliart stock headers)

more torque throughout the range (although im manual) from what i can feel

mine may be slightly different to yours though, as you have an edited product from mine (being the first built)

talk to mike, mikes a good bloke

or adam from fishers (he's the dealer for them )

good luck

\m/ METAL RADIO \m/

RALLI///ART #038 - Murdered

RALLI///ART #049 - Alive & Kicking

Pics of Both old & new ones in this thread..

i recently heard from the local mitsu parts dealer they have walker/lukey extractors fore magnas now ... for 400 ish or something .... dont know the stats of it though and neither do they ... they r only new and i cant find anything on the net , so a phone call would be in order if u really wanted to know ..

i think if walker has put the time and effort into making a set then i reckon they would be worth a look as they would know they have to compete with pacemaker so these must be up to a certain standard .
    TEAM SR
    310KW's ATWS on 12 PSI, STOCK EXHAUST

Pacies, there the only mass produced extractor I've seen in AUS with the stem into cone secondaries, plus press bent is nasty. There seems to be a bit of negative sentiment in AMC towards pacies but you compare them side by side to most extractors and they **** on them, the fact that magnas dont seem to pick up much is probably due to a decent factory design. I watched my friends 302 XE pick up 15kw on our dyno between pacies and stock.

Matthius
    Alpine CDA-9835 - Focal Utopia 165w - Zapco studio 300x - Vibe Blackair 12"

98 manual TF sports - Cai and berklee muff for 119kw
    76 Holden HJ gts, 253, 4 speed
    75 Fiat 124 CC sport - project track car

Quote Originally Posted by Matthius
    Pacies, there the only mass produced extractor I've seen in AUS with the stem into cone secondaries, plus press bent is nasty. There seems to be a bit of negative sentiment in AMC towards pacies but you compare them side by side to most extractors and they **** on them, the fact that magnas dont seem to pick up much is probably due to a decent factory design. I watched my friends 302 XE pick up 15kw on our dyno between pacies and stock.
    in normally aspirated engines, mandrel bending is not required, and can result in a torque loss

proven on my mates dyno

\m/ METAL RADIO \m/

Quote Originally Posted by [SEIRYU]

talk to mike, mikes a good bloke
    My manager at work knows him and recommended him....and with my managers cred with racing/prepping/modding cars, it's not an opinion I'd throw away

Quote Originally Posted by Matthius
    I've seen reports showing the 'lack' of flow between press and mandrel. It's bugger all difference, and considering the advance primaries are slightly bigger I'm not too concerned about press bent.

Pipe over cone is a +ve for pacies though.

Quote Originally Posted by _stonesour_
    i think if walker has put the time and effort into making a set then i reckon they would be worth a look as they would know they have to compete with pacemaker so these must be up to a certain standard .
    I forgot about these. I'll defiantely investigate since I might be able to score employee discount frome someone.
    KH Xi
    Anonymity is a gift.

Quote Originally Posted by Anon
    My manager at work knows him and recommended him....and with my managers cred with racing/prepping/modding cars, it's not an opinion I'd throw away
    mike was the guy who used to design the genie headers, back when THEY were the shiz...

knows his stuff, and based the design on the ralliart high comp engine, so the flow would be better for a verada/ exec auto i would imagine?

\m/ METAL RADIO \m/

To add to the confusion:

Lukey:
    1 3/4" primaries, pressbent. Unsure of what design it is, tuned or interference (my guess is tuned). These are a bit more expensive than the advance headers. However unlike the pacemakers and advance headers, the primaries are butt welded to the plate. The piping doesn't go through the plate, so isn't as strong.

Only pluses are the 1 3/4" primaries.
    KH Xi
    Anonymity is a gift.

damn was hoping lukey/walker would have made a really top product anbd not just a good product,

i think pacies have it,
    TEAM SR
    310KW's ATWS on 12 PSI, STOCK EXHAUST

Quote Originally Posted by [SEIRYU]
    in normally aspirated engines, mandrel bending is not required, and can result in a torque loss

proven on my mates dyno
    How the heck do less restrictive bends lose torque? And if you say back pressure, so help me I'll come down there and smack you
    AMC UK Division | My car made 207kW ATW and now it's wasting away in a shed. PM me about it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information