+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Beating the Drum"

Banned

Default "Beating the Drum"

Mitsubishi workers are being forced to get out to local shopping centres and other commuter areas and be a face for the Company to promote the 380 when production is put on hold next month, all workers will be paid in March when, for most of the month, no cars will be produced. Despite a halt in production 27000 - 380s will be built at Tonsley Park in the car's first year on the market.

thats not a bad idea really, id think most people would prefer that over working in a factory all day

Default !

That is a good idea. Considering the factory is very close to the Westfield Marion shopping centre (which is meant to be the biggest in the southern hemisphere); the 380 would receive a bucket load of exposure. They could also extend out to Colonades, Rundle Mall, Tee Tree Plaza and possibly West Lakes (that would have all major shopping centres covered). They could possibly have a car in the middle of the mall and rotate between shopping centres (stick at one each week).

They could have a display set up which could repeadily play videos of the 380. And Mitsu could train there staff to stress the importance of buying Australian Cars. They could also possibly branch onto Australian parts content if they want (Mitsu 74%, Ford 88%, Holden VE 52-55%), but, it might cause a few arguments with Holden fans when they realise the Holden Commodore will only be a half Australian car when the VE is released.

Forced??

****, it's a brilliant idea!!

People can see who busts their arses to make the car!

Plus they're paid, it isn't factory work and it will help to secure their future jobs! (if it works)

I think it'll work too, cos people need to see the car in the flesh, have a good look inside and out before accepting it. It's a new model/car on the market, it's not just the next generation in the model line-up like the VE will be etc. New is scary to people!

The problem is that none (well most likely) of these people will be trained in marketing and sales.
    2005 BA Mk2 XR6 A4

I'd love to see a 380 in a shopping centre. Mazda does it ... I would have never considered looking closely at a Mazda by going to a dealer, but in a shopping centre I have.

One of the guys working on the Mitsubishi stand at the Melbourne Motorshow works in MMAL's paint shop. So they are using their own people instead of overpriced salesmen to push the message. I hope it works.

FF

Quote Originally Posted by Falcon Freak
    One of the guys working on the Mitsubishi stand at the Melbourne Motorshow works in MMAL's paint shop. So they are using their own people instead of overpriced salesmen to push the message. I hope it works.

FF
    I think that is a good idea! At least you wont have to put up with an arrogant bull**** artist who is only interested in selling cars not actually answering questions. Mitsu have had some excellent displays at the Melbourne motor show over the past few years. They had great psudo production line showing how the car was built and they were a great bunch to talk too. I even scored a few of those Magna paper weights that the foundry made!

Quote Originally Posted by Z456
    Mitsubishi workers are being forced to get out to local shopping centres and other commuter areas and be a face for the Company to promote the 380 when production is put on hold next month, all workers will be paid in March when, for most of the month, no cars will be produced. Despite a halt in production 27000 - 380s will be built at Tonsley Park in the car's first year on the market.
    Forced??
    theres a thread here about the workers wanting to do that
    still a good idea
    If you don't get Madmagna to fix your car your a bloody idiot!!!

Did anyone else think that Mitsubishi's display was asking for a lawsuit with those steps?
    2005 BA Mk2 XR6 A4

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information