+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 85

Thread: 'Mitsubishi acts to remedy 380 botch'

  1. #11
    RJL25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave_au
    The downside to this however is local advertising expenses.
    that would defintely be true if the vehicle wasn't a success.. which could possibly happen with the new colt models cos the colt hasn't really set the small car sector on fire since its launch... however i really think the new outlander is a winner! Especially the V6 model
    05

  2. #12

  3. #13
    valaxy66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    406

    Default

    well, personally. since the launch, i don't think it has been overly sucessful enough,

    mist stuff the magna's up, so the bad repuation came about, and that bad repuation isn't gonna move any time soon,

    not to mention the competition is hard and there offering better packages etc, and look better,

    there budget was limited, they didn't have much to play with,

    i don't have much faith in the company surving much longer

    they really had to make a stand out killer, like the new breed of faclons ( they look so hot, they converted me from a holden fan to a ford fan), they didn't do that so it hasn;t been that great of a sucess
    hehehe going to join the blue force

  4. #14
    RJL25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    styling isn't everything valaxy (although i will admit its quite important) but i think if you actually sat down and study the spec sheets aswell as drive all three vehicles (have you done that??) you would see that the 380 is every bit as good a package as the falcon, and considerably better then the commodore, hence it being named best large car of 2005. When you take into account the series 2's pricing.. it makes a very compelling argument.
    05

  5. #15
    adz89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    637

    Default Wheels article

    I scanned this article from May's Wheel's magazine. It talks about the delay of the upgraded 380 model's and the bringing forward of imported products.

    http://rapidshare.de/files/19051873/...ticle.jpg.html

    P.S. > I scanned it to the best of my ability! It was hard to get it from edge to edge... but you can still make out what it says on the rights side anyway. I scanned it in good quality too so you can zoom in closely to properly read it.

  6. #16
    valaxy66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    406

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    styling isn't everything valaxy (although i will admit its quite important) but i think if you actually sat down and study the spec sheets aswell as drive all three vehicles (have you done that??) you would see that the 380 is every bit as good a package as the falcon, and considerably better then the commodore, hence it being named best large car of 2005. When you take into account the series 2's pricing.. it makes a very compelling argument.

    yea your right there, it's very competitive package, but it still hasn't been a big enough ground shaker
    hehehe going to join the blue force

  7. #17
    Bain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    it does just as good a job as ford do for arguments sake. Whats the visual difference between an XT and a futura? or indeed between an XT and a fairmont? I'll tell ya! Different wheels, grilles, badges and chrome bits, just like the 380!
    The difference here though is the BA/BF model is a success from the get go. Why change a product when the majority like it?

    This isnt so with the 380. Most reports are its mechanically a great car with nice features, but bland in appearance. Hence why they need something to differentiate between the models. Subtle bodykits (like the old Sports and VRX models)

    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    umm.. not really. The sort of person who is in the market for a new mitsu outlander or mitsu colt isn't really the same person who is in the market for a mitsu 380.

    And it will do something for the workers actually, MMAL doesn't just derive its profits from the cars it makes, it also makes profits from the vehicles it imports. No it won't ultimately prevent tonsley park from closing down because if MMAL doesn't re-coup its investment on 380 then it will inevitablly happen, however profits that MMAL makes form imported models will buy the 380 time to start selling better and will also open up its development budget a bit more to do further improvements to the car down the track. Also the more good products mitsubishi sells in australia, the better the brand image will become, and thus more 380's will be sold as one of the major factors slowing the sales of the 380 is mitsubishi's brand imagine.

    Your normally more informed then this bain...
    I think thats changing though, with the whole fuel price crap thats going on at the moment. People still want a fairly largish car (for space) but want economy, the outlander provides this. For those wanting to downsize (those on the extreme) will go the Colt, especially if they bring out this turbo variant). This is a loss of sales for the 380. Less 380's produced means workers no longer needed = downsizing Tonsley park.

    Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    styling isn't everything valaxy (although i will admit its quite important) but i think if you actually sat down and study the spec sheets aswell as drive all three vehicles (have you done that??) you would see that the 380 is every bit as good a package as the falcon, and considerably better then the commodore, hence it being named best large car of 2005. When you take into account the series 2's pricing.. it makes a very compelling argument.
    I agree here. Although I dont think it should have been named LCOTY.. Afterall, it was tested against a BA rather than the BF..

  8. #18
    dave_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bain
    I agree here. Although I dont think it should have been named LCOTY.. Afterall, it was tested against a BA rather than the BF..
    That was my original argument, however the base line BF doesnt really have that much more over upper trimed level BAs, you have to look to the xr6 and north to find the 6 speed auto, whereas the XT remains the backbone of the sales.

  9. #19
    Bain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    2,673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dave_au
    That was my original argument, however the base line BF doesnt really have that much more over upper trimed level BAs, you have to look to the xr6 and north to find the 6 speed auto, whereas the XT remains the backbone of the sales.
    They compared the 380 VRX.. Hardly what id call base model 380.

    Anyhow, this isnt about who got what. Its about the series II 380 still being a dive.

  10. #20
    RJL25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    1,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bain
    They compared the 380 VRX.. Hardly what id call base model 380.

    Anyhow, this isnt about who got what. Its about the series II 380 still being a dive.

    bain you have closed lots and lots of 380 threads because of comments like this... just something to think about.

    how can you say its still a dive when it hasn't even gone on sale yet? do you have some kind of time machine that tells you whether or not the series II will be more successfull then the original??

    i really dont see why you have to be so negitive all the time.. i think you need to try being a bit more positive about things, thats a goal i think you should set for yourself! "i will be more positive, i will be more positive"
    05

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts