+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: 'Mitsubishi acts to remedy 380 botch'

Don't worry, the 380 SII will not be a dive. If it's released as of now, the 380 should meet it's sales targets of around 2,000 cars a month by the end June-July.

dont think its till 2007

Quote Originally Posted by thatdbeme
    dont think its till 2007
    Na, the 380 SII goes on sales as of now (me thinks anyway). If you go onto the Mitsubishi Australia website you will see that if you click on the 380 link the information has been updated to the SII information (some details havn't been changed yet, such as the key points thing which links the 380LX is a VRX and the SX a LS ).

I wished they changed more but, oh well!. The front end of the SX looks good. It has the normal white headlights but a VRX/GT style grill along with the standard taillights. The LX should have rear parking sensors and bluetooth as standard considering it costs more then the VRX and has the same features basically.

The 190kw for the VRX and GT should be as of Q4 2006 or Q1 2007. At the same time curtain airbags WILL become standard equipment (which is fair enough as the Aurion will have them and the VE will in all models except the Executive). But, let's look at what is on offer now that 'SII' has been released.

As said in other posts the new RRP (especially on base and SX) will sell the car well. And considering the VRX now has standard leather trim and is $1k cheaper then before it should sell exceptionally well as it was popular before and now should become even more popular.

380SX Rear

380ES Front

Srry I can't post the front of the 380SX. It's a flash thingy and I can't be bothered print screening it and uploading it to somewhere else as my internet's at 64k until tomorrow night.

ah, i was assuming from what i read in wheels

damn that new grill still sux

Quote Originally Posted by Bain
    The difference here though is the BA/BF model is a success from the get go. Why change a product when the majority like it?
    The BF will undergo a styling change @ october this year.

Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    bain you have closed lots and lots of 380 threads because of comments like this... just something to think about.

how can you say its still a dive when it hasn't even gone on sale yet? do you have some kind of time machine that tells you whether or not the series II will be more successfull then the original??

i really dont see why you have to be so negitive all the time.. i think you need to try being a bit more positive about things, thats a goal i think you should set for yourself! "i will be more positive, i will be more positive"
    Heaven forbid me posting my thoughts on something..

I can say its a dive because they arent changing anything visually but adding a few bits of chrome here and there.

No bodykits
    No decent mag wheels
    No real difference in the interiors from 1 to the next.

Im not negative all the time, im negative this time because mmal still cant get it right.

As ive said before, i like the car when its got big wheels and lowered but MMAL cant even offer this simple package..

an interesting read in the ford forums actually

how many people are saying the price change is a massive factor

http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/f...ad.php?t=17376

Quote Originally Posted by Bain
    ....they arent changing anything visually but adding a few bits of chrome here and there.

No bodykits
    No decent mag wheels
    No real difference in the interiors from 1 to the next.

Im not negative all the time, im negative this time because mmal still cant get it right.

As ive said before, i like the car when its got big wheels and lowered but MMAL cant even offer this simple package..
    From memory MMAL was targeting the conservative (& more matured) customer wan't it they said 35 yo above and on higher average income so the car's probably setup to not shout "look at me" by being subtle about styling along these lines.

So I agree with Bain, show me a self-made successful mid-career company executive who's the company stand-out performer, a winner who sets out to buy a car that aims to be subtle & conservative?

I'm afraid their marketing department is still off target on this one.
    Magna AWD TJ2 Sports 2003
    Thornlie, Perth, WA

Quote Originally Posted by thatdbeme
    an interesting read in the ford forums actually

how many people are saying the price change is a massive factor

http://www.fordaustraliaforums.com/f...ad.php?t=17376
    Interesting indeed. Apparently the Aurion pricing will start at around $36k, with the sports version to just over $40k. At least, that was their plan before 380 S2. Considering Holden are likely to price VE higher (they want VE to be considered a 'premium' product) we'll see what (if any) the discounting wars will be like.

Certainly MMAL don't need to discount any further, in fact if I were selling 380's I'd upsell if the customer was uninformed enough!
    Confuscious say: "man who run naked through airport, is going to Bang-kok..."
    --------------------
    this post proudly brought to you by...
    MITSUBISHI MOTORS - "we gave good car"

Quote Originally Posted by Joukowski
    From memory MMAL was targeting the conservative (& more matured) customer wan't it they said 35 yo above and on higher average income so the car's probably setup to not shout "look at me" by being subtle about styling along these lines.

So I agree with Bain, show me a self-made successful mid-career company executive who's the company stand-out performer, a winner who sets out to buy a car that aims to be subtle & conservative?

I'm afraid their marketing department is still off target on this one.
    Yeah I'd put a few bob on MMAL having the most incompetent marketing team in Australia - they just don't have a clue, do they. Hey I'm in my early 20's, is it OK if I buy a 380??? Why not market it to everyone for God's sake! LX aimed at the "35yo and over CEO's", and VRX aimed at "a younger, enthusiastic market". Though they'd have to change a few things.

Oh, Bain, didn't the AAA give LCOTY to a base model 380??? I've got the issue in front of me now and if that's the VRX, MMAL are doomed... DOOMED I tell ya!!!

Edit: it's important to note that this is a 'series 2' and not necessarily a new updated model(like from TH to TJ). Someone tell me the major differences between a BA and BA2 Falcon, or a TL and TL2(TW) Magna?
    Confuscious say: "man who run naked through airport, is going to Bang-kok..."
    --------------------
    this post proudly brought to you by...
    MITSUBISHI MOTORS - "we gave good car"

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information