+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: "New Mitsubishi 380 unveiled at GHK Motors"

Default "New Mitsubishi 380 unveiled at GHK Motors"

Found this on the internet. I take it is the launch of the 380 in "Brunei Darussalam" which is the location of GHK Motors.

Just wanting to know if this is an official launch and are MMAL actually exporting the car their? I hadn't heard anything about it thats why I'm curious about it.

Links:
    http://www.brudirect.com/DailyInfo/N...606/nite10.htm
    http://www.brunei-online.com/weekend/news/jun24h9.htm

Yeah I noticed that too via my google alerts for "mitsubishi 380". I called Mitsubishi last night to get some more info but there was noone there who could help (it was late I guess). Said they were gonna call today but no word. I'll email my friend who works in the marketing/PR department, he should know...
    Confuscious say: "man who run naked through airport, is going to Bang-kok..."
    --------------------
    this post proudly brought to you by...
    MITSUBISHI MOTORS - "we gave good car"

Well Brunei do drive on the LH side of the Road. They are an ex- british colony, so im not too surprised. In fact im pretty sure back in the early 90's Holden Commodore's were sold in Brunei.

If it is true (which seems 99.99%) likely- Mitsu's export hopes to Malaysia might be looking pretty good as well.
    '04 BA2 Falcon XT- Silhouette Black- Now with Mods

'77 HX Kingswood Sedan- HC 202 & Column Shift Trimatic "Big, Bold & Beige"
    /// BA Falcon Division

Actually this is kind of cool just researching the Misu car websites globally

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com/

By the looks of it Brunei has been getting our Magna/Verada's in the past as well.

http://www.ghkmotors.com/mitsubishi_product.html
    '04 BA2 Falcon XT- Silhouette Black- Now with Mods

'77 HX Kingswood Sedan- HC 202 & Column Shift Trimatic "Big, Bold & Beige"
    /// BA Falcon Division

Brunei is like a mini Bahrain in West Malaysia... oil rich state, petrol would be cheap enough there to justify running 3.8L V6s...

Does anyone know how many Mitsubishi have (in the past) exported to Brunei? Hopefully this becomes a popular export market for MMAL. Hopefully the 380 sells well.

I'm glad to see it is keeping the name "380" and is selling under the Mitsubishi brand over their.

I know this is taking a more negative and paranoid point of view, but my worry is that there has been non-existant media coverage on this, nor has there been any word from MMAL whatsoever - if Brunei etc are building these themselves (whilst untilising MMAL's expertise) it could spell the end for Tonsley Park. I know it sounds silly, but it concerns me.

BUT, if it's a pre-release preview of an exported 380 from Aus, then kudos to MMAL!
    Confuscious say: "man who run naked through airport, is going to Bang-kok..."
    --------------------
    this post proudly brought to you by...
    MITSUBISHI MOTORS - "we gave good car"

Quote Originally Posted by VeradaBoy
    I know this is taking a more negative and paranoid point of view, but my worry is that there has been non-existant media coverage on this, nor has there been any word from MMAL whatsoever - if Brunei etc are building these themselves (whilst untilising MMAL's expertise) it could spell the end for Tonsley Park. I know it sounds silly, but it concerns me.

BUT, if it's a pre-release preview of an exported 380 from Aus, then kudos to MMAL!
    Na, I reckon that MMAL are exporting them to Brunei. Even though it hasn't been in the media here maybe because it was a previous export destintation for the Magna/Verada (wasn't a new export route), or otherwise it hasn't been noted for some reason.

Maybe, yes maybe there is the slight possibility that they are building it in Brunei, but I honestly doubt it. I really don't think that they would build them their. The car is identical to ours (because it is ours!) and has the same features as ours (four airbags, bluetooth, 5 speed invecs II auto, all other mentioned specs are also the same).

~~~WOOT~~~ My 500th post!

They drive on the same side of the road as us over in Brunei and they have always had Magnas over there, so I'm not surprised they will be getting the 380. Pretty sure they don't build cars over there. All their cars are imported. Petrol is cheap over there. I was born in Brunei. Spent most of childhood there. Not much to do there besides driving across the border to east malaysia on the weekends and spend stuff all money because of their stronger dollar. There sure are plenty of modified euro and jap cars over there especially euros.

Quote Originally Posted by adz89
    Does anyone know how many Mitsubishi have (in the past) exported to Brunei?
    Probably less than the # exported to Tasmania...

Seriously Brunei is a pretty small country but most residents are pretty well off.
    Taxes are low too so there's no big advantage with a 380 when for not much more
    you can get something German etc etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information