+ Reply to Thread

Thread: "Deal to give new life to the 380"

Default "Deal to give new life to the 380"

Just looking on the internet and came across an article relating to the relationship between Mitsubishi (Australia) and Proton (Malaysia) and the likely hood of the deal which would see a Proton version of the Australian derived 380 sold in Malaysia. If the deal goes ahead it could see as many as 8,000 cars to their production line.

Sales of the Perdana replacement vehicle (the 380) would be aimed at government officials, police and wealthy businessment.

Unfortunately they are most likely to be sent over as CKD (complete knock down) kits to be assembled at the facilites in Malaysia I spose it still keeps component manufactures and any manufacturing which is done here (to send them to Malaysia) on the up (production wise).

It states that the deal could be signed "any day" now and that Proton have established that they are not interested in "rescuing" Mitsubishi Australia.

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/s...48-910,00.html

This was mentioned in another thread, but yes good news for mitsubishi . Hopefully they can land some more deals overseas.
    Please use the report a post feature, instead of replying and creating more work for the admin team. Thanks!

i did see a black 380 vrx with the grill triple-diamond logo blacked out... did look much better!
    and such a simple change...

Quote Originally Posted by M4DDOG
    This was mentioned in another thread, but yes good news for mitsubishi . Hopefully they can land some more deals overseas.
    I had a feeling that the Proton/Mitsubishi deal was mentioned in another thread, but, as the article only came out today and I hadn't seen it on here, I posted it.

If you guys didn't know, the CC shape GLi lancer was sold as a proton, and the satria is a modified version of the mirage. Both have mitsu motors in them.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information