+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Humm nice, just saw a 380 cop car! (bush)

Banned

I saw a 380 Police car in Heidelberg, Melbourne, Victoria today. Mind you it was West Heidelberg so it's no surprise to see cops in that suburb (to think that area was the 1956 Olympic Village). I started following it to get a picture.... but I think the poor coppers thought I was stalking them. They pulled over until I drove past, then turned right after I had driven through an intersection.

Quote Originally Posted by adz89
    They look fantastic as cop cars.I wonder what QLD police think of them so far. Good to see the QLD government is using them as cop cars!!
    Yea,I saw a white cop car(380VRX) last week at Zillmere,north of Brisbane.They do look good.They could replace all of the commodores/falcons with 380VRX's

cant wait for them to start turning up at govt auctions, ex chaser 380s, no limiters at a guess? anybody know what other mods a chaser magna carries? and what they are called? is there a police pack [like the holden BT1] or just vrxs, sx's etc?

Coppers here in NSW have a few too... they have a nice silver vrx (unmarked) at Mt Druitt at the moment... the moment their weapon of choice out here is either the 380vrx or a couple of marked and unmarked ford territories... they also have a very done up (side steps, spotties the whole bit) brand new nissan patrol, unmarked, that they have been picking off speeding drivers in school zones with... very nasty... because it looks like a parent kind of car... until you get done... hasn't got me 'cause I don't speed in school zones, but it must have nabbed half a dozen just round the corner from my place the other day...
    l8r,

Moose

Default Cop 380

Quote Originally Posted by ratmagna
    cant wait for them to start turning up at govt auctions, ex chaser 380s, no limiters at a guess? anybody know what other mods a chaser magna carries? and what they are called? is there a police pack [like the holden BT1] or just vrxs, sx's etc?
    Sorry I have no idea what the Cop 380s would consist of, or be coded - and I assume no one else here knows either. MMAL would obviously know...so perhaps they'd be the ones to ask.
    My (uneducated) guess would be that the Cop 380 would be a VRX. (I recall originally the Commodores BT1s were Executives dressed up as SSs, but more recently the Commodores have been actual SSs instead). So maybe the cost of "beefing up" modifications to the cheaper base-model 380 isn't cost effective, thus making a VRX - obviously with some strengthening mods - a better buy. But of course all this is just a guess. I haven't seen any Cop 380s yet...they must look awesome!

Default Cop 380 Out West

Quote Originally Posted by moose_85
    Coppers here in NSW have a few too... they have a nice silver vrx (unmarked) at Mt Druitt at the moment... the moment their weapon of choice out here is either the 380vrx or a couple of marked and unmarked ford territories...
    Hey...I live very close to Mt Druitt but I haven't seen their 380 yet. I drove past last weekend but they still had the white Commodore and 'paddy wagon' out the front on the main road.
    I assume the silver 380 VRX you speak of, is an unmarked car? (as fully dressed cop car should be plain white). Is so, I guess they keep that thing parked out the back to keep it low-key. But I will have to keep a closer eye out for it next time I pass by. If I do see it, I'll grab a photo of it.

Default Oops!

Quote Originally Posted by Grubco
    I assume the silver 380 VRX you speak of, is an unmarked car?
    Yes of course...you said so didn't you. It slipped my mind already. Sorry about that.

Quote Originally Posted by Grubco
    Hey...I live very close to Mt Druitt but I haven't seen their 380 yet. I drove past last weekend but they still had the white Commodore and 'paddy wagon' out the front on the main road.
    I assume the silver 380 VRX you speak of, is an unmarked car? (as fully dressed cop car should be plain white). Is so, I guess they keep that thing parked out the back to keep it low-key. But I will have to keep a closer eye out for it next time I pass by. If I do see it, I'll grab a photo of it.
    I saw it about a month ago, with a car pulled over just past the Carousel Inn... but yeah, I think they park it out the back... so no one really knows they've got it... I worked at Plumpton shopping centre for one of the real estate agents until quite recently, and have seen it down there once or twice too, just trawling through the car park...

If you are at Plumpton maccas on a Saturday morning when all the coppers go for brekky, it is there sometimes...
    l8r,

Moose

Quote Originally Posted by moose_85
    I saw it about a month ago, with a car pulled over just past the Carousel Inn... but yeah, I think they park it out the back... so no one really knows they've got it... I worked at Plumpton shopping centre for one of the real estate agents until quite recently, and have seen it down there once or twice too, just trawling through the car park...

If you are at Plumpton maccas on a Saturday morning when all the coppers go for brekky, it is there sometimes...
    While Plumpton is literally just around the corner from me, I work most Saturdays and we rarely go shopping at Plumpton (too small, unsheltered carpark, etc). But, thanks for the tip... I'll keep my eyes open for that VRX. While it might be an honor, in principle, to be pulled over in my 380 by a 380 cop car (it'd make a good photo!), I'm not quite ready to put such a plan into action yet.

I've seen the TL that Mt Druitt has, but I haven't yet seen the 380... Far out.
    They'd be a pretty mean ride with the mods that Cops can get, hey?

I'll have to keep an eye out
    Death is not the end, but only a transition.

Ex - Mitsubishi Magna TR Wagon
    Now - Toyota Vienta Grande 1998

Oh yeah!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information