+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Platinum edition 380 - your thoughts?

you have a good point there
    hehehe going to join the blue force

one thing i do find funny tho, yeah the 380 isn't reaching the sales targets MMAL where hoping for, but around 1000 a month which is the rate at which 380 is currently selling at is still better then ALOT of other cars out there.. its not a complete disaster, things need to be put into perspective.

I think MMAL will just make the 380 "hang in there" at around 1000 sales a month untill the mid-cycle upgrade is due, at which time they will try and address the issues which are slowing its sales

Looks like crap IMO. Way too much colour coding at the front with nothing to break it up. Also, the silver bezel headlights look aweful.

Banned

Default 750-380 Patinum Edition

There are only 750 of the limited-edition cars available, aimed at private buyers only, enough to last about three months, MMAL a hopeful they will keep 380 sales above the 1000 a month mark. What happens after this lot of Platinum Edition are Sold whats going to replace em? The arrival of Toyota Camry & especially Toyota Aurion, in particular, will be the nail in coffin for Australia,s fourth biggest carmaker. Obviously Toyota have a good product and they'll have a significant marketing push behind Aurion. Time will tell I still belive that MMAL will follow C.E.O Leon Dapthne (Nissan) decision to close (Nissan) Australian operations. And MMAL will Import the 380. Tonseley Park will just become a distribution centre.

Quote Originally Posted by Z456
    There are only 750 of the limited-edition cars available, aimed at private buyers only, enough to last about three months, MMAL a hopeful they will keep 380 sales above the 1000 a month mark. What happens after this lot of Platinum Edition are Sold whats going to replace em? The arrival of Toyota Camry & especially Toyota Aurion, in particular, will be the nail in coffin for Australia,s fourth biggest carmaker. Obviously Toyota have a good product and they'll have a significant marketing push behind Aurion. Time will tell I still belive that MMAL will follow C.E.O Leon Dapthne (Nissan) decision to close (Nissan) Australian operations. And MMAL will Import the 380. Tonseley Park will just become a distribution centre.
    Blah blah blah. Tired of it mate. Go die in a fire somewhere.

Supercharged

I reckon it's a last ditch effort for sales before the Aurion comes out, seems like really good value though but the car needs to be marketed, I only see adverts in newspapers.
    To many cars in the world, not enough years in my life to enjoy them!

What happens after this lot of Platinum Edition are Sold whats going to replace em? The arrival of Toyota Camry & especially Toyota Aurion, in particular, will be the nail in coffin for Australia,s fourth biggest carmaker
    Well they have the rest of the 380 range which will still be onsale, they also have a whole range of new models to entice potential buyers in Mitsubishi showrooms. How they hell can you say the arrival of the Camry and Aurion will be the nail in the coffin for MMAL? Who are you to say that? It's already been said soo many times by others that it may be, MMAL have a plan in place to prevent that from happening, such as lowering prices and releasing special edtion models, and, infact, making the 380VRX a faster, better looking and more equipped vehicle. These plans are plans which have the desire to save the company not to do a Nissan runner. Please man, keep ur opinions to your self, this thread is meant to be about the 380 Platinum Edition not Mitsubishi Australia's future; so take your sh*t elsewhere.

Time will tell I still belive that MMAL will follow C.E.O Leon Dapthne (Nissan) decision to close (Nissan) Australian operations. And MMAL will Import the 380. Tonseley Park will just become a distribution centre
    Mitsubishi are in a different situation then Nissan. Mitsubishi have a newish model on the market (the 380) which is getting close to been updated along with the most new model releases of any brand in history in a particular time frame. If that doesn't spell turn around then you've obviously got no clue.

On another issue, maybe Nissan may pull out of Australia all together? Maxima sales are low, hovering around 250 a month, Tiida sales are well below expectations, and they have an array of 4WD's on the market no-body wants. The only decent model (people may argue... personally I don't like it) is the 350Z, and even that is becoming and old model, and in my opinion looks like crap (from the front anyway). Perhaps you should turn your attention to the future of Nissan in Australia and start a new thread.

Thank you

adz, why did you quote me as saying that when I didn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple
    I like to drink my own pee
    That's gross dude..... jk mate .
    As for Z456, ban the dude, i'm so sick of hearing people say "MMAL are going under!". People have been saying it since before the TE came out and i'm sure probably before that too. Has it happened? no. Has mitsubishi brought out a saviour model? yes. As long as mits still have operations in aus, there's always the chance they can turn themselves around. People constantly bashing mits, saying, they're going to close, is only making matters worse for everyone involved. If the media and people learnt to do their research, instead of just mouth bashing a company, they probably wouldn't be in as bad a mess as they are now.
    So i'll say it one more time to all those doom sayers, .
    Please use the report a post feature, instead of replying and creating more work for the admin team. Thanks!

all this edition it trying to creat interest in the 380, thats the problem, if mist can grab people's attention and draw them in the showrooms, and promote what a good car the 380 is, then they should increase the sales, its a hard road for mist, cause it has got such a big competition to compete in, sigh, you got to remeber that mist is on a very tight bugdet, they can't do all that much
    hehehe going to join the blue force

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information