+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 190+kw 380?

Default 190+kw 380?

I don't follow the 380 - since I don't own one - but I read a lot of stuff regarding a 190kw version on various websites over the last 6months. So is there any truth to this? I've been on the MMAL site and their still raving about having 175/340

om nom nom... bowls? Mrmacomouto's Avatar

It could happen.... Would be a shot in the foot to offer anything new with less than 200 with the new toyota...
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifer
    "I love Glenn"

Yep, everything is going to look rather boring under 200kW now toyota have shown us the way, time for all the rest to play catch up now.
    AMC///Chrome Division
    AMC///20's Division
    AMC///Too Many Cars Division

Verada XI 2002 on 20s

R34 Skyline GT-T

Mitsubishi FTO GPX

They seez me rollin, they a hatin

TRD are having BIG problems in the US with their supercharger kits. They are apparently rebuilding a lot motors for less than happy customers. Why is this so hard to do properly - oh that's right - they're doing it CHEAP.

Bit OT but I seen you screaming around the corner at Molly Morgan Motor Inn today dude. Bout 5:40pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gas_Hed
    Bit OT but I seen you screaming around the corner at Molly Morgan Motor Inn today dude. Bout 5:40pm.
    Were you 1st or 2nd off the lights? I love gassing that corner and the next in 2nd at about 50km. The rh upto greenhills op the hospital in 2nd is my preferred: the wheels spin and the simps look around to see who the commodore hoon is

Quote Originally Posted by EZ Boy
    Were you 1st or 2nd off the lights? I love gassing that corner and the next in 2nd at about 50km. The rh upto greenhills op the hospital in 2nd is my preferred: the wheels spin and the simps look around to see who the commodore hoon is
    Yeah that was me. I need to arrange some time to get you to work your magic on my throttle body aswell. Ive got your number in my phone, whens the best time to give you a shout?

Quote Originally Posted by Gas_Hed
    Yeah that was me. I need to arrange some time to get you to work your magic on my throttle body aswell. Ive got your number in my phone, whens the best time to give you a shout?
    During the day is best. We can sort out the details that way, decide how to proceed.

Back on topic, a power upgrade is 100% confirmed for the 380 - just a matter of timing.

The original give or take 190kW upgrade was originally penned for mid 2006, but a strain on MMC Japan's engineers (with upcoming releases inc Outlander, Pajero, Lancer) put the project on hold till early 2007.

I suspect (and hope) that MMAL will react to market conditions (ie - 200kW Aurion) and ensure the 380 either equals output, or focuses on competing with the Aurion performance wise.

380's current 175kW donk easily takes care of business, and a 380ES is almost as quick as a new 195kW VE SV6 (7.6 vs 7.3), thanks to a very clever engine management system MMAL developed with Bosch. So the new "hot" 190+kW 380 may very well beat the Aurion in real world driving, though I doubt they can achieve this and at the same time threaten Toyota's fuel consumption claims.
    Confuscious say: "man who run naked through airport, is going to Bang-kok..."
    --------------------
    this post proudly brought to you by...
    MITSUBISHI MOTORS - "we gave good car"

Quote Originally Posted by EZ Boy
    I don't follow the 380 - since I don't own one - but I read a lot of stuff regarding a 190kw version on various websites over the last 6months. So is there any truth to this? I've been on the MMAL site and their still raving about having 175/340
    Don't hold your breath waiting for a 190kW engine in the 380.

Anyway the 3.8 liter in the 380 spanks the base 3.6 litre in the VE Commodore. Although the 3.6 has more peak power, the 3.8 has a nicer torque curve. Combine that with a 5 speed auto and lighter kerb weight (comparing the poverty pack models) and the base 380 looks very good compared to the base VE. Then take into consideration the RRP - $27,990 versus $34,990 and the 380 is looking very attractive.

FF

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information