+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Supercharged 380 TME

Quote Originally Posted by Ulciscor
    sorry if my point wasnt clear.

Whenever MMAL creates a car for a niche market it only ever does a half ****ed effort.

There cars are always * good * but not * great * they need to go all out to attract serious attention from any market. especially the performance market.

why is anybody going to pay $50k for a 230kw front wheel drive large car. when for less money they can get a more powerful rear wheel drive car from holden or ford ( which i might add have a huge fan base BECAUSE theyve pushed the boundries time and time again )

Look at it this way.

Holden & Ford are the two oldest twins boys, always compeeting to be the best, always one up on each other.

Mitsubishi are like the 3rd child. the young one. trying to play games with the older boys, but they always end up getting hurt.
    What are you talking about?? Where is it said it's gonna be $50k?? Holden and Ford pushing the performance car boundaries?? You must be kidding, right? Have you ever sat in an xr6t or new ss? They're full of cheap plastics and if driven hard will break. Each to their own tho, if you think a $45k xr6t is the pinnacle of sports cars, then that's your opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Disciple
    What are you talking about?? Where is it said it's gonna be $50k?? Holden and Ford pushing the performance car boundaries?? You must be kidding, right? Have you ever sat in an xr6t or new ss? They're full of cheap plastics and if driven hard will break. Each to their own tho, if you think a $45k xr6t is the pinnacle of sports cars, then that's your opinion.

pushed the boundries for for large australian car peformance, yes, which is what Mitsu is quite obiously aiming for.

with the addition of a supercharger they have taken the power from 180kw at the engine.

to 230kw a the engine. thats pretty bad attempt in my books.

that will aquait to about 170kw at the wheels.

why do they even bother with such a pathetic attempts to rein in on the performance car market.
    Back in the VX Commodore days the SS produced 225kw at the flywheel, HSV products produced and were marketed as 255kw at the flywheel. Thats only a 30kw at the flywheel increase.....

Worked for them and still does.

pushed the boundries for for large australian car peformance, yes, which is what Mitsu is quite obiously aiming for.
    Oh, for australian performance cars. Yes, indeed, totally agree. But with the claimed 0-100 and 0-400m times the Ralliart 380 is no slouch beating the xr6t down the quarter and only giving up .6s to the SS which has 30kW more.

I kinda agree with Ulciscor...
    -Satan-
    99 TH SPORTS
    AMC /// /// No Money Division

I cant beleive how much negativity this is being met with. 230Kw is a good power increase, onpar with fords xr6T and a better increase than the s/c aurion will have, so I dont understand all you b****es whining. Only a couple weeks ago everyone was saying "under 200kw and I wont be impressed" well they've passed that quite comfortably and people are still saying how unimpressed they are. Until mitsubishi start putting V8s in their sedans (dont hold your breath) then they will never lead the high performance market, this is an attempt at the "sports" market and not the high performance market. Besides, with such a power increase it's likely that this car will do a 0-100 in close to 6 seconds, which certainly isnt slow.
    Official Member AMC //// SIII SX Squad Division
    "Nimbus.....more like NIMBUSILE"

Exactly and if Mitsu claims of a 14.0 sec 0-400 are replicated by an external party like say Motor and Wheels, then what more would you want? Mitsu/Ralliart producing a s/c front drive sedan, with less power/torque, that beats and/or almost beats rear drive XR6T and SS over the 0-400, for hopefully around the same money, is a pretty good advancement in Aussie performance cars in my opinion.

A few things to remember for those that keep bashing the 380 TME.
    - At 230 KW it will likely have a much better power to weight ratio than XR6T and SS
    - 0-100 and 0-400m claims are likely to be correct as Mitsubishi is usually very conservative when it makes performance claims. The 380 TME times are very competitive with the dinosaur push rod competition.
    - Front wheel drive cars shed less power in their drive line, due to less mechanicals to turn over therefore more power will be available at the wheels than competitor cars.
    - With modern day improved chassis dynamics, good tyre selection and traction control and / or LSD getting the power to the ground will not be a huge problem.

I believe the 380 TME will become the thinking driver’s performance choice. Performance as good as, if not better than the competition with better fuel economy than the completion and a 5-10 warranty you just can not go past this for a great deal.

Better built, Better backed, it certainly will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Mason PI
    Exactly and if Mitsu claims of a 14.0 sec 0-400 are replicated by an external party like say Motor and Wheels, then what more would you want? Mitsu/Ralliart producing a s/c front drive sedan, with less power/torque, that beats and/or almost beats rear drive XR6T and SS over the 0-400, for hopefully around the same money, is a pretty good advancement in Aussie performance cars in my opinion.

Exactly!!! and even if you wanted to mod the S/C 380 a tad im sure you get some serious gains with little work!! maybe push her to 250-260KW with some upgrades, doesnt seem like such a big job!!!

I say good job MMAL!!
    AMC//////VICTORIA

Supercharged

If they build it and it's that quick and priced around 45k then it's gonna be good but still not great, people's views on the styling still wont really change, but with that sort of money you got a 13second stock SS now remember and an XR6t which is a cult car now that does low 14's. People on here bag Holden and Ford, I have but they know how to market a car, simple, although the Supercars help. Mitsu dont, they need to market there cars better. Now Ford and Holden are putting technology into there ars to, eruopean 6-speed auto's, DOHC with VCT, turbo's that still pass Euro III tests and that's just ford. Holden have 6.0lt V8's that pass Euro III. Mistu didnt even design the 380 body to accept previous technology such as AWD.

If mitsu says 14.0 down the quarter then some people will get into the 13's, it better be manual though not auto only like the aurion.
    To many cars in the world, not enough years in my life to enjoy them!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information