+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Supercharged 380 TME

I saw it today. It looks the goods and the twin dumpers are fat. The interior is ok but there is not a lot of differentiation between the normal models apart from the audio screen, sports wheel/gear shift and seats. That's probably a good thing though as it will help keep the cost down.

Oh and dare I say, the VE does not look too bad. Sat in a SX6 and apart from the cheap and flimsy glovebox it was nice. I much preferred the Statesman/Caprice over the Commodore models though.

Dad got a brochure the other day advertising the new Calais (he has to choose a new company car soon). God DAMN! I reckon its the best looking family car IMO. He doesnt like Holdens full stop but my brother and I are persuading him to at least test drive one...
    manual TE 3.0 dead

as Disciple said, i dont see how MMAL have much choice other then to price it similar to the SS, i mean the SS is just so damn cheap considering what you get - 270kw sports sedan for 25k, its one of the worlds biggest performance bargains. Thats what MMAL and toyota are up against with their performance models, forget HSV and FPR, they have to knock off the SS and XR6T before they get anywhere and thats going to be ****ing hard!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tim-E
    Dad got a brochure the other day advertising the new Calais (he has to choose a new company car soon). God DAMN! I reckon its the best looking family car IMO. He doesnt like Holdens full stop but my brother and I are persuading him to at least test drive one...
    I hope you mean Calais-V as the standard Calais is more basic and boring then the VZ Calais.

If you are talking about the Calais-V, well thats not such a bad thing

Quote Originally Posted by RJL25
    i mean the SS is just so damn cheap considering what you get - 270kw sports sedan for 25k
    Sign me up for a 25k SS commodore ......Oh wait, their 45k!!
    Official Member AMC //// SIII SX Squad Division
    "Nimbus.....more like NIMBUSILE"

i have to admit its a very very tough competition for the 380 to compete against holden's ugly but very good value ss commie, its rwd, 13.4 down the 1/4 and resonable fuel consumpition, but mist had a limiting budget and they can't offer a huge range in there large car range

they can't make it cheaper then the top model, otherwise whats the point in get the top model, they could consider, putting the charger in the gt version, and the charging the vrx version and forget releasing a new model

that it would be competing against the ss and the ss v, so to speak,
    hehehe going to join the blue force

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information