+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: 380 Sales Figure for October

  1. #1
    adz89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    South Australia
    Posts
    637

    Default 380 Sales Figure for October

    "Sales of the Mitsubishi 380 barely held from the same time last year, selling 944 cars this October compared to 951 last year."

    http://carsguide.news.com.au/story/0...-21822,00.html

    Which is around 9% market segment as only 10,639 large cars were sold last month.

    Why I see it as a dissapointing result atleast the rest of the segment is flagging.

    Hopefully 380 sales begin to lift with the introduction of more models in the Mitsubishi range and an updated 380.

  2. #2
    dave_au's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New South Wales
    Posts
    939

    Default

    Whoa Falcon had a shocker.

    Top 10 best-selling vehicles in Australia, October 2006 (passenger cars & SUVs)
    1. Holden Commodore 5455
    2. Toyota Corolla 3722
    3. Toyota Camry (4cyl) 3046
    4. Ford Falcon 2945
    5. Toyota Yaris 2858
    6. Mazda3 2585
    7. Hyundai Getz 1594
    8. Ford Focus 1584
    9. Holden Astra 1575
    10. Ford Territory 1349

    Toyota has 3 cars in the top five!

  3. #3
    Banned Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    4,802

    Default

    I can't believe Holden sold so many VE's. Falcon was probably down due to BF 2 coming out this month and also the anticipation of Aurion release.

  4. #4
    Veearex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia's Capital Territory
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple
    I can't believe Holden sold so many VE's. Falcon was probably down due to BF 2 coming out this month and also the anticipation of Aurion release.
    Could it be that not all the new Commodores sold were VE's?? Perhaps some great end of model run out deals on the VZ's??

    I saw somewhere you could grab a spanking new VZ SS for $38000 drive away

    Does wonders for resale values

  5. #5
    Banned Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    4,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veearex
    Could it be that not all the new Commodores sold were VE's?? Perhaps some great end of model run out deals on the VZ's??

    I saw somewhere you could grab a spanking new VZ SS for $38000 drive away

    Does wonders for resale values
    Oh yeah, I didn't think of that... Wow $38k for an SS! Spend $5k on the SS (zorst and edit) for a total of $43k and it'll be HEAPS faster than the VE SS and basically the same car for $2k cheaper.

  6. #6
    Veearex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Australia's Capital Territory
    Posts
    174

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple
    Oh yeah, I didn't think of that... Wow $38k for an SS! Spend $5k on the SS (zorst and edit) for a total of $43k and it'll be HEAPS faster than the VE SS and basically the same car for $2k cheaper.
    Dont let Holden hear you say that its basically the same car!!

    From the comments I've heard the two cars are worlds apart dynamicaly. Though your right with the $5k on the zorst and edit making it faster. Hell, I spent that on my old VX SS and got a 234rwkw totally undrivable oil slurping piston slaping tyreburner

    I do miss the rumble when I used to start it up in garage though ...

  7. #7
    Banned Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    4,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veearex
    Dont let Holden hear you say that its basically the same car!!

    From the comments I've heard the two cars are worlds apart dynamicaly. Though your right with the $5k on the zorst and edit making it faster. Hell, I spent that on my old VX SS and got a 234rwkw totally undrivable oil slurping piston slaping tyreburner

    I do miss the rumble when I used to start it up in garage though ...
    They do have a new chassis and blah blah... The inside looks pretty much the same and they're still using the same tired plastics that were on the VP.

    My mate just spent $6k on his VU Maloo (LS1) and got 257rwkw. Completely useless tho as first gear is unusable and second is about the same. Anyway, what were we talking about?

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    17

    Default

    The good thing for Holden is that demand for their high end models and HSV models (especially GTS) have been phenomenal. These cars already have several months waiting list and typically have higher return $$$$$.

    Not looking too good for Mitsu and Ford. Hopefully these two increase their sales in coming months. Ive been in the 380 and it definately a good car. Cant Mitsu concentrate on fleet and promote their LPG capable car?




    ............................



    Holden - Australian manufactured vehicles

    Commodore - 5,455 (4,906) +11.2%
    Ute/Crewman - 827 (1,543) -46.4%
    Statesman/Caprice - 433 (229) +89.1%
    Adventra - 145 (320) -54.7%
    Monaro - 32 (350) -90.9%

    Total - 6,892 (7,348) -6.2%

    Holden - fully imported vehicles

    Astra - 1,620 (2,867) -43.5%
    Rodeo - 1,496 (1,719) -13.0%
    Barina - 1,074 (821) +30.8%
    Viva - 1,070 (470) +127.7%
    Captiva - 393 (0) +100.0%
    Vectra - 104 (286) -63.6%
    Combo - 77 (112) -31.3%
    Tigra - 53 (98) -45.9%
    Cruze - 0 (188) -100.0%
    Zafira - 0 (14) -100.0%
    Jackaroo - 0 (0) N/A
    Total - 5,887 (6,575) -10.5%

    Local + imported = 12,779 (13,923) -8.2%

  9. #9
    Banned Disciple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Queensland
    Posts
    4,802

    Default

    Those Barina numbers astound me considering they're just a rebadged Kalos and no one wanted a bar of the Deawoo version. Oh well, if Holden can keep the interest in Australia for Australian built cars with the Commodore range, then I spose that's a good thing.

  10. #10
    What will be next? M4DDOG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Victoria
    Posts
    9,162

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Disciple
    Those Barina numbers astound me considering they're just a rebadged Kalos and no one wanted a bar of the Deawoo version. Oh well, if Holden can keep the interest in Australia for Australian built cars with the Commodore range, then I spose that's a good thing.
    And the fact that it's one of the most unsafe cars available at the moment.
    Please use the report a post feature, instead of replying and creating more work for the admin team. Thanks!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts